Forsyth County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by wsweeks2, Oct 6, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

Anyone see a problem with this?

2. fallison

fallison Guest

It's the same amount as before. They are apparently collecting the GCIC $24 locally and forwarding it.

3. fallison

fallison Guest

Damn, I shouldn't answer trick questions at one in the morning. I closed the tab after replying and saw the concealed weapons permit line and thought Damn it. That is what he was talking about,

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Humm...."concealed" all over the place. They almost make it sound like it is a different permit than prior years....I guess I'll find out in 6 months when mine expires.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, they're using a .com address for government. Isn't .com a business/commercial type thing? Not sure why .gov wasn't good enough for them.

6. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I wouldn't place too much importance on that. It's just some admin trying to be helpful about the procedures. They're not handing out any misinformation sheets or the sort like the other county (whose name I now forget).

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Well, I think most people think of it as a concealed permit, so while it's not technically correct, it will help other people find that page. I just wish Fulton was only $39.

8. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Im going to send this into them what do you think

Hello,

I was looking on your website at the following location, regarding obtaining a Georgia Firearms License.
    http://www.forsythco.com/DeptPage.asp?D ... PageID=272

I see here that it discuses the procedure for obtaining a "concealed carry permit" I find this very misleading and possibly confusing for those who do not know Georgia law. Georgia does not have a "concealed carry permit". The state of Georgia issues "Georgia Firearms License".

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-129 discusses this, and O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126 and O.C.G.A. § 16-11-128 state that a weapon can be carried concealed or openly within the guidelines of O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127.

I feel that this misleads people to believe that some type of "permit" is required other than the issued Georgia Firearms License to legally carry a firearm concealed or openly in the state of Georgia.

As a resident of Forsyth county I would love to hear your feedback and reasoning for why you have it listed this way on your website?

Respectively

Luke Martin

*** my addy**

9. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Luke,

I might modify it a bit by removing, at least in a first communication, the references and inferences to misleading. A very gentle prod might just correct an non-malicious error by a court clerk. How about something more along the lines of:

As a point of clarification, it was my understanding based upon OCGA xx that the Georgia Firearms License allows one to carry openly or concealed. As a resident of Forsyth County and in researching the local procedures, I have found the reference to 'concealed carry permit' on your website. Is it possible this is simply a commonplace name for the GFL, or does your understanding of the law differ from mine?

10. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

11. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

my brother-n-law just emailed me that he got his permit here in forsyth co. today.......8 days from application! he thinks it's because of his squeaky clean record :D

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congrats to your bro-in-law. I'm not sure a clean record would speed up such a bureaucratic process, though.

13. joey

joey New Member

Just an FYI, I applied for my CCW this week in Forsyth and they only charged $34.25 instead of the $39 on the website. The lady at the probate office said that she didn't know why the price on the website was wrong, but I could pay the $39 if I wanted to. ( I declined and just paid the $34.25) :)

It was as easy as could be. I paid my money, walked down the street to get printed and now I just have to wait. I'd say it took 45 minutes at the most for the whole process.

Joey

14. budder

$4.75 for ammo! Good luck getting your license soon, but if you have any problems or start getting antsy, please read this article: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgia ... ut-verify/

15. Wiley

Wiley Guest

:welcome: , joey. Now you only need another $10.25 to join GeorgiaCarry! :)

16. budder

I'll pay the $.25!

17. AV8R

AV8R Banned

The extra $4.75 is to upgrade your CCW to a GFL.

:wink:

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Where did he get a Conceal Carry Weapon for that cheap to begin with?

19. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I've never seen a CCW issued in Georgia - please post a pic!!! :wink: