Forsyth County Renewal

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by toobusy, Apr 21, 2017.

1. toobusy

toobusy New Member

For a renewal in Forsyth county, there was no downloadable form. I went to the probate court office in downtown Cumming on Thursday March 30. I had to fill out a small form which the clerk provided, then the clerk typed that information into another form. Had to take an oath, then pay $30. After that they took me around back for a picture, and then I was done.

New license showed up Thursday April 20. 3 week turn around time. :)

2. Casual User

Casual User Member

Good to hear that. I need to renew my passport also, figured I'd do it one trip, can they make passport photo's also? While I'm out might as well get a haircut if I'm gonna get my picture took.

3. toobusy

toobusy New Member

I believe they do... the person ahead of me was there for their passport renewal, so I'd say (in a tentative nature) yes. :)

4. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

A coworker applied last month and he received his GWL in exactly 30 days. I am going to renew tomorrow, so I will post when it comes in.

5. chp5

chp5 Member

Got mine in 22 days in Feb 2019.

6. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Member

I renewed mine last summer & as I recall, it only took about a week. 3 weeks for a renewal in Forsyth County sounds awfully long.

7. grs100

grs100 New Member

16 calendar/11 business days between application and issuance for me in Feb 2019.