Forsyth county renewal

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by 2Abeliever, Oct 30, 2007.

1. 2Abeliever

2Abeliever Member

Well folks, believe it or not I think this is a record. I applied for my renewal on Oct. 19th and received it in the mail on Oct. 30. License has an issue date of Oct. 26th. I liked to have fell over. Maybe things are beginning to go our way for a change. The folks that I delt with were VERY professional about it all. :woohoo: :cheers:

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

That is most excellent to hear....I'll be renewing mine in a few months.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

4. cripple

cripple New Member

Man thats great to hear. My new GFL issue took 8 days in Forsyth. Looks like things are making a turn!

5. dwalker

dwalker New Member

Ok, I'm lost. I posted a thread earlier (in the wrong forum, sorry) about renewals. In Paulding it says they no longer do a renewal and you have to re-apply and pay the full amount, be fingerprinted again and wait God knows how long. So, I called the probate court and the lady told me that the state doesn't allow renewals.....so what gives?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It is still a renewal. But you have to do the checks over again, anyway. The only real difference is your eligibility for a temporary license.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Don;t forget that you have to ask for the temp. They are not required to offer you one, but they are required to give you one for $1 if you request it.

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Is there a limit on how soon you can apply for the renewal? I was thinking I would go a couple of months early so they would have plenty of time. Do you have to give them your old one when you renew?

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yes. See subsection (i).

10. GunNut

GunNut New Member

That just seems to apply for the temporary license. Since it says less than 90 days to expire, you can get a temporary, that implies to me that greater than 90 days you can renew, just can't get a temporary.

So, when you renew, do you have to turn in your old one and become licenseless while waiting on your new one if you don't get a temporary?