Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I went to Forsyth County Pawn Saturday but had to turn around and leave when I saw a sign on the door that read "Loaded Firearms Prohibited" as I was OCing my defensive firearm.

I just sent them this from their contact webpage. I will post if they reply.
Hello,

My wife and I were out shopping this past Saturday (12/18/10) and wanted to come to your shop. We were going to look for a home defense shotgun, a gaming console (Wii or PS3), woodworking tools (circular saw, miter saw, etc.).

We parked and walked to the door and I noticed a sign that said "Loaded weapons prohibited". As I was carrying my defensive firearm I told my wife we could not go in.

We have just recently moved to Forsyth county and love to bargain hunt. We visit pawn and overstock stores on a regular basis.

I wanted you to know that we will not be visiting your shop while a policy that leaves my family and myself defenseless.

If you decide to reverse the policy of loaded personal defensive firearms in your store please let me know. We would like to do business with you.

If you do not mind the carrying of defensive firearms but do not want them removed from their holster, may I recommend a sign stating that loaded firearms must remain holstered.

Thank you,

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,714 Posts
Kingfish said:
The wife and I went to Forsyth County Pawn Saturday but had to turn around and leave when I saw a sign on the door that read "Loaded Firearms Prohibited" as I was OCing my defensive firearm.

I just sent them this from their contact webpage. I will post if they reply.
Hello,

My wife and I were out shopping this past Saturday (12/18/10) and wanted to come to your shop. We were going to look for a home defense shotgun, a gaming console (Wii or PS3), woodworking tools (circular saw, miter saw, etc.).

We parked and walked to the door and I noticed a sign that said "Loaded weapons prohibited". As I was carrying my defensive firearm I told my wife we could not go in.

We have just recently moved to Forsyth county and love to bargain hunt. We visit pawn and overstock stores on a regular basis.

I wanted you to know that we will not be visiting your shop while a policy that leaves my family and myself defenseless. ??? a policy is in place that??

If you decide to reverse the policy of loaded personal defensive firearms in your store please let me know. We would like to do business with you.

If you do not mind the carrying of defensive firearms but do not want them removed from their holster, may I recommend a sign stating that loaded firearms must remain holstered.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted you to know that we will not be visiting your shop while a policy that leaves my family and myself defenseless. ??? a policy is in place that??
Yeah, yeah...Should have finished that thought.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I noticed that sign too. I really enjoy going there, big selection for a small shop, friendly staff and good prices.

While I would prefer a sign stating loaded fire arms must remain holstered I can understand. I keep my gun holstered with a loaded mag in my weak side pocket.

Hopefully your e-mail has them reconsider their position of carrying a loaded firearm into the store.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
You've done all you can by explaining to them how you couldn't spend your hard-earned money at their place of business. They get to make the rules, and considering some of the morons that visit gun stores, I'm no longer surprised by these rules.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I believe Forsyth County Pawn is owned by the same folks that own Georgia 400 Jewelry & Pawn up on GA53 & 400, as well as Cherokee Gun & Pawn. Anyone know if similar signs and policies have popped up in those stores as well?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The sign doesn't legally mean anything. If they say something to you if your were OC you would have to leave. Concealed means concealed...

·
Registered
157 Posts
SongDogSniper said:
I believe Forsyth County Pawn is owned by the same folks that own Georgia 400 Jewelry & Pawn up on GA53 & 400, as well as Cherokee Gun & Pawn. Anyone know if similar signs and policies have popped up in those stores as well?
I recently did business with the guys at 400 jewelery & loan, I looked for a no weapons sign and could not find one. I was lazy cc, full size FNP with a t-shirt covering. Nothing was said and no strange looks. If it is the same owners I would just go in OC, shop, and see where they stand. I think most of the no weapons signs are there to make the sheeple "feel" safe.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
There are a lot of ranges that are like that too - no loaded weapons in the lobby/store area. I believe that it is an insurance cost issue.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jmorriss said:
The sign doesn't legally mean anything. If they say something to you if your were OC you would have to leave. Concealed means concealed...
There is only one place in this state that I can think of that I would be willing to conceal (Dekalb Farmers Market).

Go to the trouble of concealing just to shop at a pawn shop?...I don't think so. I can't simply pull my shirt over it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,801 Posts
The other two stores do not have have signs and I have OC'd in both of them.

As far as concealed is concealed, if they don't welcome myself AND my carried gun, I will not give them the pleasure of my money. When stores have stupid policies like that I vote with my wallet.

Besides, the guys at 400 J&L and Cherokee Gun and Pawn are more knowledgeable and friendlier to deal with. They also tend to have better prices in some items.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've never seen a sign at 400 in dawsonville and have OC with no problem good guys up there and have bought most of my guns from them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Adam5 said:
Besides, the guys at 400 J&L and Cherokee Gun and Pawn are more knowledgeable and friendlier to deal with. They also tend to have better prices in some items.
Both of those places are "confirmed" carry friendly. I've asked at both locations, and gotten the "Just don't touch it" response from employees at both stores. Bought guns from both places too, and that DID factor in to my decision of where I want to spend my money.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MrMorden said:
Concealed means concealed.
Nope, sorry. Not gonna happen. I OC exclusively. As I said, I am not gonna go to hide my gun like a criminal just to go to a pawn shop. If they don't want my business then that is fine with me.

I think we will visit 400 Pawn this weekend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts