Forsyth County Pawn "Loaded Firearms Prohibited"

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Kingfish, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

The wife and I went to Forsyth County Pawn Saturday but had to turn around and leave when I saw a sign on the door that read "Loaded Firearms Prohibited" as I was OCing my defensive firearm.

I just sent them this from their contact webpage. I will post if they reply.

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

3. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Yeah, yeah...Should have finished that thought.

4. a-squared

a-squared New Member

I noticed that sign too. I really enjoy going there, big selection for a small shop, friendly staff and good prices.

While I would prefer a sign stating loaded fire arms must remain holstered I can understand. I keep my gun holstered with a loaded mag in my weak side pocket.

Hopefully your e-mail has them reconsider their position of carrying a loaded firearm into the store.

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

You've done all you can by explaining to them how you couldn't spend your hard-earned money at their place of business. They get to make the rules, and considering some of the morons that visit gun stores, I'm no longer surprised by these rules.

6. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

I believe Forsyth County Pawn is owned by the same folks that own Georgia 400 Jewelry & Pawn up on GA53 & 400, as well as Cherokee Gun & Pawn. Anyone know if similar signs and policies have popped up in those stores as well?

7. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

The sign doesn't legally mean anything. If they say something to you if your were OC you would have to leave. Concealed means concealed...

8. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

I recently did business with the guys at 400 jewelery & loan, I looked for a no weapons sign and could not find one. I was lazy cc, full size FNP with a t-shirt covering. Nothing was said and no strange looks. If it is the same owners I would just go in OC, shop, and see where they stand. I think most of the no weapons signs are there to make the sheeple "feel" safe.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

There are a lot of ranges that are like that too - no loaded weapons in the lobby/store area. I believe that it is an insurance cost issue.

10. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

There is only one place in this state that I can think of that I would be willing to conceal (Dekalb Farmers Market).

Go to the trouble of concealing just to shop at a pawn shop?...I don't think so. I can't simply pull my shirt over it.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The other two stores do not have have signs and I have OC'd in both of them.

As far as concealed is concealed, if they don't welcome myself AND my carried gun, I will not give them the pleasure of my money. When stores have stupid policies like that I vote with my wallet.

Besides, the guys at 400 J&L and Cherokee Gun and Pawn are more knowledgeable and friendlier to deal with. They also tend to have better prices in some items.

12. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I've never seen a sign at 400 in dawsonville and have OC with no problem good guys up there and have bought most of my guns from them.

13. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

Both of those places are "confirmed" carry friendly. I've asked at both locations, and gotten the "Just don't touch it" response from employees at both stores. Bought guns from both places too, and that DID factor in to my decision of where I want to spend my money.

14. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Concealed means concealed.

15. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Wet means wet.
    Buttered means buttered.
    Hammered means hammered.

16. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Chili means beans....

17. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now you've done it.... commence bannination in 5... 4... 3...

18. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Nope, sorry. Not gonna happen. I OC exclusively. As I said, I am not gonna go to hide my gun like a criminal just to go to a pawn shop. If they don't want my business then that is fine with me.

I think we will visit 400 Pawn this weekend.

19. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Beans in chili is like ketchup on a steak. Great when you are a kid but once you grow up you learn better.