Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Will you be coming to the event

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, it's that time again. It's been a while since I did the last one so I figured I'd put this one together since the weather seems to be getting better.

Date: March 12,2011
Time Lunch time

Food: I figured it would be safe for us to do BBQ again. I can get the chicken from Tysons and we can see what kinda deal we can get from the guys over at Ricks BBQ. We will charge per plate but will be a large meal quote. For example if they charge $10 per plate, we will do the math on how many will come and figure out what he will charge for that much grub and divide accordingly.

If you don't pre-reserve for your plate, then I can't be held responsible for there not being enough food to feed you and your kin. If you know or think you're coming please put it here in this topic and I'll do a count and 3 days before the day of the picnic we will close requests. If there's enough food left, you can then pay the same price as others to have a plate.

Feel free to Oc or conceal which ever you prefer and feel free to bring out the entire family. If you have any questions please let me know, and I'll do my best to make sure they get answered in a timely manner.

WHATSA COOKIN!!

Everyone will receive the following:

5 ounces of pulled pork and bun
Baked Beans
ColeSlaw
Sweet or unsweet tea
Banana pudding for dessert.

Each plate is $7.75

I've told him I'm expecting 20 people to give him a better heads up. This will be CONFIRMED 3 DAYS BEFORE EVENT!!!! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL AFTER MARCH 9th 2011 TO TELL ME YOU WANT FOOD!!! I will also cook some boneless chicken if I can get zookeper to make me some of that FANTASTIC bbq sauce!! Again feel free to bring your family or friends to the event. But please make sure you tell me how many is coming and if they want food or not.

Attending as of now:
TippinTaco
Mountain Pass
Howerpower +1
zookeper +3
rabbivj
AV8R
krmbigmac +5
ABC3
AnnieO (maybe)
DaveInMableton
MyFred
2Abeliever +1
Owl +1
Corey +1
Wolfram
Ghostfinger +1

WEATHER PERMITTING EVENT!!!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=23 ... code=30040

http://www.rickssmokinpigbbq.com/

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Re: Forsyth County Oc Picnic at Central Park

I'm there!

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts

Tippin I really enjoyed the last get together you put together. If folks missed the first one, please consider coming to this one. I was able to make new friends and put faces with screen names...

http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?e ... &FORM=LLDP

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

Is this the same park the first get together was originally scheduled for?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yes this time it wont change.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts

I'll let you know when it gets closer. At this point in time, I am working every Sat. That may be changing in the next few weeks though.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Adam5 said:
I'll let you know when it gets closer. At this point in time, I am working every Sat. That may be changing in the next few weeks though.
keep us updated adam!! Glad you're back to work bud! :righton:

·
Registered
139 Posts

As I newbie, I'm very intersted. I don't believe that I have anything going on. I'm always up for getting together with fellow 'gun-toters' whether it be in large or small groups!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Howerpower said:
As I newbie, I'm very intersted. I don't believe that I have anything going on. I'm always up for getting together with fellow 'gun-toters' whether it be in large or small groups!
I'm sure we all would love to meet ya.

As for food guys, I just got quoted from Ricks BBQ and MAN he gave us a awesome deal. Read OP for details.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Depending on work, I'm in.
And if you want to make a flyer or something, I can also have them at the gun show in two weeks to spread the word.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Scotsman said:
Depending on work, I'm in.
And if you want to make a flyer or something, I can also have them at the gun show in two weeks to spread the word.
What ever we do we gotta make sure we keep track of the numbers. I can't put a deposit on BBQ for 500 ppl and only 20 show up ;) Would love for ya to be there bro. You have yet attended one of my gatherings :D

·
Banned
6,624 Posts

mountainpass said:
If folks missed the first one, please consider coming to this one. I was able to make new friends and put faces with screen names...
And he still returns my emails/calls! :screwy:

:D

I'll be there, barring the usual list of catastrophes of course.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Count me in! I'll be bringing along the better half as well.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts

I should be able to make it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm glad to see the response. It will be good seeing some of you guys again. I've been really busy past few months or I wouldve done it sooner.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

I voted, Maybe...Just sent a link to the better half to see if she and the kids are interested in coming. Will update number based on her response.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

in all this excitment i need to start planning the next jeep ride :D

1 - 20 of 133 Posts