Forgotten man

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by drtybykr, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Great painting, excellent video.. OUTSTANDING story

thank for the post bykr

2. rah45

rah45 New Member

3. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Not bad... not perfect... but good.

5. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Too Cool!
    Sadly, there are those who still believe in the American Dream..sadly they believe in it only for a small sliver of Americans and everyone who is not American....God Bless America and thank you for sharing :righton:

6. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I agree. There's a few presidents looking abhorred when they should really be on the applauding side.... but the painting is the correct view if you were educated by the government and lean conservative.

7. EJR914

That's what I was going for. There were quite a few presidents that trampled on the Constitution that looked abhorred.

Also, remember, even the greatest proponent of small government, a well check government, Thomas Jefferson did some borderline unconstitutional things in office, and also at the same time he greatly expanded or surpassed the, then, powers of the president. He certainly broadened the powers of the executive branch, which is something he claimed to hate. I know TJ was a man of much hypocrisy and duality.

He still has of the best quotes from the founding fathers, IMHO.

Look at Bush, he should have been jumping up and down! He signed the Patriot Act for goodness sakes! 4th Amendment went out of the window.

8. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Power is a helluva drug.

9. JDcollins78

JDcollins78 New Member

Not all of us conservatives are still "falling in line" with the GOP establishment. And I abhor the time I spent being educated by the government.

10. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

What a load of over-dramatized crap.

11. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Spoken like a true democrat.

12. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

No. Spoken like a cynic. The artist had to deliberate for months as to whether he should paint such a horribly controversial thing [about as controversial as the average political cartoonist's doodles whilst on the toilet], but he didn't have to hesitate a bit to make a bloody film about it, complete with a ridiculous soundtrack. The man's an attention whore, the painting is nothing particularly special, and the video producer should be peddling this sort of overblown schlock to Sundance, not Teabaggers.

13. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

I agree. Whether to make a painting over half the country will agree with is not something that takes a vision quest into the wilds of Alaska to decide. He also ignores that most presidents will and have walked right over the Constitution when it suited them, including Jefferson, both Roosevelts, Lincoln, and even Washington. It sure as heck doesn't excuse Obama, but trying to pretend he's "the first one to ever sully the glorious respect the executive branch has always held for the Constitution" is nothing but a memetic marketing ploy.

14. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

There's always exceptions to the norm. "Well, not all xxxxx are/were/is/will xxxxx." Of course, there's always exceptions. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the norm.

15. EJR914

I really could care less who is or isn't falling in line. The truth comes down to if they will still vote for the Big Government GOPers because they are the "lesser of two evils." That's where the rubber meets the road.

I could care less if one doesn't agree with what they are doing. The truth comes down to who you will vote for when the moment of truth comes. Will you "fall in line" and vote for Republican, or will you vote for someone how is really interested in Restoring the Constitution, and doesn't have a R beside his name?

That is what I really care about. If someone doesn't "fall in line" with the GOP est. and still votes for them in the moment of truth, it really doesn't matter that they don't fall in line.

16. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Amen to that. I'm tired of people complaining that nothing gets done when they keep voting the same people into office. Nothing will ever change if you refuse to vote for the person you believe in because you don't think he'll win. The libertarian/small-gov republicans will start winning elections when you start voting for them and not one minute sooner.