Foregrip handle

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mswicord, Aug 11, 2007.

1. mswicord

mswicord New Member

What are the pros/cons of butting a vertical handle on an AR?

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a lot easier to control with a vertical foregrip, though I've only fire a couple of ARs. But it's definitely good for minimizing muzzle climb on a happy switched m4gery!

3. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

+1

Also easier target acquisition.

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I can't think of a downside. Mine can be unscrewed and taken off in about 5 seconds. It helps a lot shooting offhand.

5. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

Get a Command Arms FFG4 and you can just fold it up out of the way when not in use :)
    [​IMG]

6. M249

M249 New Member

VFGs are great when you need to turn the weapon quickly, like when clearing your home. They can be a problem when you're in the prone.

It's going to boil down to a personal choice. Some folks love 'em, so hate 'em, and most probably fall somewhere in between.

7. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I would have to say I hate them, they get in the way, and really don't add much to handling as far as my opinion goes. They are more of a tacticool addon than anything else. the only time I would have one is on a shorty, for obvious reasons.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I hate shooting rifles without one.

Just more conducive to the way I shoot.

9. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

i think they are useful, sometimes,

but the prices for some of those things is just ridiculous. its a molded piece of friggin plastic and some prices are INSANE

10. mc30707

mc30707 New Member

I have one on my RRA entry tactical. It takes getting used to. I think I prefer it without the verticle handle. but I've shot rifles for 30 yrs without one.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's definitely not going to be the first upgrade on my rifle. I'll probably go for upgraded HGs or optics first now that I've got a few magazines and some ammo covered now.

12. River Bend

River Bend Guest

my AMD 65 doesn't have a choice

The AMD 65 comes with one fastened to the rather slim metal handgaurd. It works pretty good but inserting 30 round mags or a drum can take a little manuvering around the grip to get em seated. :roll: [/img]