For you reloader

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by kestak, Sep 18, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am beginning to reload and I am curious.

1 - Where do you buy your bullets?
    2 - Where do you buy your primers and Powder?

Thank you

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I am not into reloading, yet. Have you sent your 03 FFL to Midway or grafs and sons? Grafs offers discounts and I believe Midway does, as well. Just thought I'd let you know.

http://www.midwayusa.com

http://www.grafs.com/

For grafs, there's a dealer login button at the top of the page. They will give you the password when they get your FFL. I'm still waiting on Midway to get mine. I may have to send that one again.

3. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I've bought bullets from Midway, Ghost Holster, and Precision Bullets.
    So far I've purchased powder and primers locally (Bullseye in Lawrenceville). After I use the 1,000 primers I just bought, I will be placing a large order from Powder Valley.

When companies ship powder or primers, there is usually a $20 Haz-Mat fee tacked on to the regular shipping cost. I need to order nearly 5,000 primers to break even, 10,000 if I want to start saving over local purchases. If I can get a couple of people to split an order (and the Haz-Mat fee), it's better for everyone involved.

4. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I buy powder and primers locally.

I have bought bullets from Midway and NPS. NPS has great prices on .45 JHP. Midway is about the best for Oregon Trail RNFP for my .45 colt.

5. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I buy bullets from Cabela's and Midway.

Primers and powder I buy locally. I bought a pound of bullseye and 1000 small pistol primers from the gun store near the Farmer's Market in Forrest Park (the name escapes me).