For comparison on time

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by kkennett, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I will be traveling to South Dakota shortly and was checking on their laws. I ran across this little gem:

The sheriff will issue a temporary permit within five days from the date of application (SDCL 23-7-7.1).

Within seven days after the temporary permit has been issued, the sheriff sends a copy of the application to the secretary of state who issues the official permit (SDCL 23-7-8).

:D Now that's more like it.

Edit: The cool man is supposed to be "-8"

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So, I guess they oughtta be sued if they take two weeks, huh? :D

3. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

If they do exactly follow law, that would be great.

4. Malum Prohibitum

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /612170334

Records compiled from the state - and now barred from public view, under a law passed this year by the Legislature - show that 7.4 percent of South Dakota adults had such a permit as of June 30. Next closest are Indiana and Pennsylvania, with 6.4 percent of adults licensed to carry a handgun.

While the high number of permits in South Dakota might conjure images of a gun-toting, frontier mentality - certainly, part of the state's rich history - many outdoors enthusiasts and law enforcement officials point to the state's low crime rate as evidence of something different: a respect for the law and the constitutional right to keep and bear arms . . .

More at the link . . . inlcuding a femal Harvard researcher quipping that "households that have guns are more likely to have suicides and also they are more likely to have homicides, especially among women."

5. Malum Prohibitum

Zimring, from Berkeley, insults South Dakotans, stating they get the license for "honorary testosterone."

:roll:

This guy gets quoted a lot. He is an expert.

6. Malum Prohibitum

They DO quote Gary Kleck, however, and the AJC would not bother to do that.

7. kkennett

kkennett New Member

My favorite is at the end, Calvin Trillin, "no big deal"

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I don't think they are more likely to have suicides. If someone wanted to commit suicide, a firearm isn't the only way to do it.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Traditionally, woman choose more passive ways to off themselves, like pills.

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I take it to mean that women are more likely to shoot you. Especially if you come home drunk, with a phone number written in lipstick on a bar napkin in your pocket...

Just my guess mind you....

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is why you put their number in your cell phone and change the name to something with the same first letter. The hard part is remembering the real name when you want to call them back.

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

it doesn't matter how you hide it women always find out. ALWAYS.

My ex cheated on me while on another continent and I found out.... we are women we have a 6th sense for male deception....

13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I take it to mean that women are more likely to shoot you. Especially if you come home drunk, with a phone number written in lipstick on a bar napkin in your pocket...

Just my guess mind you....[/quote:1wrv17ix]

USMC, you did say you were married didn't you? :sly:

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Ramm, I can tell you are 100% College student!

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

There's a good story behind that!

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

They may find out because you felt guilty and broke off the affair, then the other woman gets all p*ssed that you dumped her and calls your wife to rat you out. :evil:

17. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

oh yes there is a good story... pm me sometime if you want to know....

remember anytime a woman catches you do not lie. Lying only increases the rage and time on the couch (if you are still allowed in the house)

18. rajl

rajl New Member

Women are tricky beasts. I'd say, swear off all contact with them, but they're still too much fun in spite of all the downsides. 8)

As long as you're smart enough not do do something that will piss them off to begin with, I find most guys will be ok. The problem is that us guys know what we are doign is going to piss them off, and then do it anyway. :twisted:

And women, don't think y'all are innocent either. You are just as bad and evil as men, but at least you tend to be more subtle about it, if that makes it any better? :?