For All The GPO Geeks Out There And Normal people

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by OWM, Nov 17, 2017.

1. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

When you get the time check out the link below. You have seen some of it before but you will have a good time. The older you are the better your time reading it will be.
    There is one Quote in there that should have scared us more when it was made and most certainly should still scare us. If you care to post the Quote you think I am referring to. Hint there is a current Thread that brings the topic up. Taurus92 already knows the answer.

https://www.techspot.com/article/754-tech-predictions-and-quotes/

2. skynet

skynet Subjugating Humanity

“With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon.” – Elon Musk

3. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Good guess but no. Just curious Skynet has One gained Self-Awareness yet?

5. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

“We know where you are. We know where you've been. We can more or less know what you're thinking about.” – Eric Schmidt, Google CEO

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

:google:

7. skynet

skynet Subjugating Humanity

Oh, sure. Just waiting around for all that Google information to be processed before I make my move. Stay tuned.

8. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

And that is what nearly puts vomit into my sinuses, every time I think about it. Google and Facebook try to get their little tentacles into every little part of everyone's lives. Tag this, Like this, Link this, Sign in here through there, etc.

"Google" seems to have become a common verb. I always use other search engines first.

I have witnessed first hand how the Google search engine works. Companies pay money so that when a certain keyword is typed into a search, their company comes up in the results. To exaggerate this fact for illustration purposes, you could type in "9mm bullets" and get a result for nail polish. Because some company paid Google to do that.

Google and Facebook are not your friends. They both are blood-sucking ticks. Your personal data, being mined and sold, is your "blood".

And most users know but don't care, because they rationalize it by, "But it's such a good way to stay in touch with friends and family".

At least they give you a reacharound while they are cornholing you. You do get a little benefit from them screwing you. But I still don't want any part of that.

OldWoreOutMarine likes this.
  9. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I like google's map personal travel history. Runs off your cell phone. But it is a little too smart sometimes.
    Took a friend to the doctor last week, a big practice with two dozen doctors on the building directory. The map and log indicated the exact doc we visited.

10. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Another reason it's not on my phone.

11. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

12. Glockenator

Do you think that is a good thing? I don't. It has is little fingers into just about every part of your life. Hint: It isn't there to be your wholesome friend and help you.

13. Glockenator

I stopped using Facebook when I learned what it is and what it does. They made me jump through hoops to actually close my account. You cannot just click on a few links. And there is a 2 week waiting period before it takes effect.