Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know..I know... It is from activist post. I am sure it would have more credibility if it would have come from The NYT...

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/01/7-reasons-food-shortages-will-become.html

One thing is sure. When we moved in USA in June 2000, we were spending 70$ per week on our grocery for 2 adults and we had steaks 3-4 times per week. Now, we spend 130$ per week and we only buy meat when it is reduced. If we are lucky, we eat steaks once a week and we no longer named brands. This is at least an 8% inflation per year.

I am not a Mormon, but I can tell that you should have a home food reserve. In the last year, I saw movements in the food price and quantity that I never saw before. For example, the mini raviolis have an average of 3 ravioli less in the box than before. That means more water to keep the same weight. Who noticed that???? I guess no one count the raviolis...hehehe. I do because when I am almost done with my meal, I give one to each of my dog. Sometimes 2.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Well then , let's be sure to encourage the GA Legislature to reduce state income tax (especially on the wealthiest Georgians) and reinstate a sales tax on groceries because after all, it's a "fair tax". Everyone can decide whether or not to spend, especially old folks, buying groceries, on a fixed income and all. :screwy:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
mb90535im said:
Well then , let's be sure to encourage the GA Legislature to reduce state income tax (especially on the wealthiest Georgians) and reinstate a sales tax on groceries because after all, it's a "fair tax". Everyone can decide whether or not to spend, especially old folks, buying groceries, on a fixed income and all. :screwy:
Don't worry, I sure will! :righton:

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
If I recall in yesterdays AJC they were talking about exactly that.

I'll try to find the story.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
mb90535im said:
I'm pretty sure the gentleman realizes that with the FairTax prebate that there would essentially be No taxes on food especially for old folks buying groceries on a fixed income and all. The proposed monthly prebate (as determined by DHHS guidelines) of $208 would not eliminate any taxes on my groceries but would pay about 75% of my monthly grocery bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts