Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,884 Posts
Wow, lots of tragedy and drama there! I guess one way of making enemies is to come down hard on those who cross you.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Much speculation that this man's injuries are intentionally minor and were planned and arranged by himself. His 911 phone call from the scene of the two murders also has some unusual style and content.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Meticiulous planning would direct the point of aim not to the head methinks.

Nemo

from link above.

"He was shot in the head while he was changing a tire," Murdaugh's attorney Jim Griffin confirms to PEOPLE. "He is conscious and talking, which is a very good sign."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much speculation that this man's injuries are intentionally minor and were planned and arranged by himself. His 911 phone call from the scene of the two murders also has some unusual style and content.
Wow, I can't wrap my head around any scenario that would have a father eliminate his wife and child. But fact is indeed stranger than fiction in many cases and more horrendous acts have been committed. I reckon its plausible the patriarch is responsible.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Appears millions of $$ have gone missing from the firm. Shootee resigned partnership.

Nemo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once this is all sorted it will make for a saddening and sensational movie of the week.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Shootee resigned partnership.

Nemo

I have read follow up reports he was fired from firm, not a resignation.

Nemo

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Legal firm partnerships, who knows how they work? In the old days the idea was each partner was fully liable for the work of the other partners. Designed to give you confidence in the 'firm'.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I saw one news report describe the gunshot wound as a graze across the head while changing a tire. If so, he is either real lucky, lost his nerve at the last moment during a suicide attempt, or staging an attack.

South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh accused of misusing his law firm's funds
Murdaugh was flown to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, for treatment of a non-life-threatening "superficial" head wound, Crosby said.

·
69,729 Posts
On Friday, members of the Hampton law firm PMPED confronted Murdaugh, 53, about missing money before notifying law enforcement and the South Carolina Bar Association, local newspaper The Island Packet reported. A source told the outlet on Monday night that over $1 million was missing and after being confronted, Murdaugh told his lawyer that he would be resigning.​

·
69,729 Posts
In August, a solicitor with ties to the Murdaugh family suddenly reversed course and recused himself from the double homicide investigation due to recent SLED findings.

Considering the events of today in SLED’s investigation of the homicides of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh, I am asking that you assume all prosecutorial functions in this matter effective immediately.

This is notable because he had recused himself earlier from the investigation of the boating accident. In this case, he refused to recuse himself, saying the conflict was not as clear.

Here is a timeline. There is a 2015 murder that went cold that SLED recently reopened with ties to this case. It also looks like Murdaugh does not have much of an alibi for the double murders.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,570 Posts
So this is the same family that was involved with the boat crash that killed Mallory Beach. It was the son that was driving that boat while intoxicated. That same son is now one of the murdered along with his mother while the father claims he was shot while changing a tire just a couple days after he was told to resign from his lawfirm because he had been embezzling money.

Once this is all sorted it will make for a saddening and sensational movie of the week.
I think you may be on to something there.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Wow, I can't wrap my head around any scenario that would have a father eliminate his wife and child. But fact is indeed stranger than fiction in many cases and more horrendous acts have been committed. I reckon its plausible the patriarch is responsible.
Have you ever heard of Fred Tokars?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts