Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Folks in the Carroll / West Ga area , where to go?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  limabravo 
#1 ·
Not that I have any money now for a new gun, but are there any good places to shop in the Carroll area? I usually buy my guns when the gun show comes to Carrollton twice a year. Thanks

#3 ·
Mastino177 said:
West Georgia Tactical between Carrollton and Bowden on whatever road that is. Decent pricing on glocks, etc.
You know I drive by there often, and I only recently realized that they sell guns there. From the looks of the place you would think they make industrial equipment of something.

#4 ·
I haven't been to West GA Tactical, but Advance Bullets, R.K. Rish, Southern Gun & Pawn in Carrollton are all over priced. You'd be better served by driving 30 minutes to Gable's in Douglasville , they are decently priced. Even better is Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. They always have good prices compared to the mom and pop places here in Carrollton. There is also J & J Gun and pawn across the street from my job, but I have never been in there so I wouldn't know what their prices/selection is.

#6 ·
In all honesty, your best bet is to take a drive. Your most competitive gun prices are going to be in Marietta and Smyrna. Nick's Gun and Adventure Out doors will yield the best prices.

That or look around online and purchase a used Glock. Nothing wrong with a used Glock and can cost $100.00 less than a new one.

#12 ·
West Georgia Tactical is located on highway 166 west in Carrollton on your way to Bowdon. I bought several things from there including by glcok. The prices are the best around. It may be a mom and pop store, but he customer service is outstanding and the staff is very knowledgable. Check out their website, I found it accidently one day. It is wgtactical.com. :)

#15 ·
West Georgia Tactical, INC
3775 West HWY 166
Carrollton, GA 30117

Our base Glocks are $490.00. We also stocking dealers for SIG. Although the gun shop is not our primary business, we try to keep a small sampling of other fine fireams as well. (S&W, Beretta, HK, Ruger, Remington, RRA etc.) As far as pricing, we do what we can based on our purchase price...for example, we have sold three SIG X-Fives. One to a fella that was more than 3 hours away, two others to one guy in Jasper (and I really tried to get them to find a closer dealer) On the property we have everything from the .17HMR to the .50BMG some of which are private stock as not everybody wants a gun that they have to shoot from a mount :lol:

#20 ·
dwalker said:
There is an indoor range off of Bankhead in Douglasville. Just east of Hwy. 92, the only thing I dislike is the fact that it is a 'cold' range...they can pack but you can't....I don't get that...
Sounds kinda screwed up to me too, however you can pack at our place 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.