Folks in the Carroll / West Ga area , where to go?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Glock19, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Glock19

Glock19 Member

Not that I have any money now for a new gun, but are there any good places to shop in the Carroll area? I usually buy my guns when the gun show comes to Carrollton twice a year. Thanks

2. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

West Georgia Tactical between Carrollton and Bowden on whatever road that is. Decent pricing on glocks, etc.

3. Glock19

Glock19 Member

You know I drive by there often, and I only recently realized that they sell guns there. From the looks of the place you would think they make industrial equipment of something.

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

I haven't been to West GA Tactical, but Advance Bullets, R.K. Rish, Southern Gun & Pawn in Carrollton are all over priced. You'd be better served by driving 30 minutes to Gable's in Douglasville , they are decently priced. Even better is Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. They always have good prices compared to the mom and pop places here in Carrollton. There is also J & J Gun and pawn across the street from my job, but I have never been in there so I wouldn't know what their prices/selection is.

5. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

Don't forget Georgia Arms in Villa Rica on 61. Got lots o' ammo.

6. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

In all honesty, your best bet is to take a drive. Your most competitive gun prices are going to be in Marietta and Smyrna. Nick's Gun and Adventure Out doors will yield the best prices.

That or look around online and purchase a used Glock. Nothing wrong with a used Glock and can cost $100.00 less than a new one.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

But you don't get that new glock smell!! :lol:

8. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

But you can buy more ammo with the money you save.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

That new glock smell is easy to get though. Just light an old tire on fire...

10. maggie

maggie New Member

West Ga Tac

What's the real name of the road/hwy it's located on ??

11. limabravo

limabravo Guest

West Georgia Tactical is located on highway 166 west in Carrollton on your way to Bowdon. I bought several things from there including by glcok. The prices are the best around. It may be a mom and pop store, but he customer service is outstanding and the staff is very knowledgable. Check out their website, I found it accidently one day. It is wgtactical.com. :)

12. maggie

maggie New Member

The old 166, or the by-pass that goes past the jail out towards 27 and southwire ? Landmarks ??

13. maggie

maggie New Member

Found their website map

Thanks

14. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

West Georgia Tactical, INC
    3775 West HWY 166
    Carrollton, GA 30117

Our base Glocks are $490.00. We also stocking dealers for SIG. Although the gun shop is not our primary business, we try to keep a small sampling of other fine fireams as well. (S&W, Beretta, HK, Ruger, Remington, RRA etc.) As far as pricing, we do what we can based on our purchase price...for example, we have sold three SIG X-Fives. One to a fella that was more than 3 hours away, two others to one guy in Jasper (and I really tried to get them to find a closer dealer) On the property we have everything from the .17HMR to the .50BMG some of which are private stock as not everybody wants a gun that they have to shoot from a mount :lol:

15. maggie

maggie New Member

I'll drop by next time I'm in the area.
    Thanks

16. dwalker

dwalker New Member

There is an indoor range off of Bankhead in Douglasville. Just east of Hwy. 92, the only thing I dislike is the fact that it is a 'cold' range...they can pack but you can't....I don't get that...

17. dwalker

dwalker New Member

Also, they are closed every Monday. I can get the name/number if you'd like!

18. maggie

maggie New Member

Been in there, but haven't shot there.

19. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Sounds kinda screwed up to me too, however you can pack at our place 8)