Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yikes. Guess I should be glad I don't own a fobus holster.

·
69,738 Posts
Cool! :D I have been a little light on $ lately, so now I know how I can add to my gun collection! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
That sounded like one of their roto-holsters.

I wonder if the basic fixed position holster would do the same thing?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
That sounded like one of their roto-holsters.

I wonder if the basic fixed position holster would do the same thing?
I sacrificed my own non-roto Fobus paddle in a retention drill at a class taught by Firearmz.net

The rivets held, but the "attacker" was able to rip the gun right through the plastic.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That video is one reason I am not a big fan of open carry.

I not a big fan of the paddle holster. When I took "the test" from personal defense training.com, l learned that sometimes when you are positioned just right and draw your weapon really fast the whole holster comes off your belt with the gun still in it. :shock: I am partial to IWB with the belt loops straps or if I was going to go OWB I would lean towards the ones where the belt fits through the holster.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I don't think the fixed position would do what's shown in the video either. I do agree with Molon, though. I have one for a snub 38 that can just pull right off with the gun. It doesn't happen so much with jeans and real belt, but with something like gym shorts it happens quite easily. I don't like that one bit.

·
Romans 10:13
4,649 Posts
That's why I always wear IWB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts