Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Administrator
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,668 Posts
Hits seemed to be all over the upper lean left side of the target. But with a 10mm that good enough most think.

Nemo

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,668 Posts
He meant FOR only, not four.

Quality, some, yes but 5 times, methinks not so much. As far as fit, finish, appearance, yes. Reliability, durability, close to equal I would say.

Nemo

· Registered
6,605 Posts
I might get me one of them if for no other reason than to say I got one. Never fired one. Compared to say a 45 how much more is the recoil?

· Registered
10,589 Posts
The difference is like bicycles. You can spend $200 and get a one-size-fits-all from a big box store or you can spend $1000 for lighter weight, a closer fit, better accessories, and higher capacity. Either bike will pedal and either gun will go boom.

*Or you can spend $6000 on very custom options and colors.

· Registered
10,589 Posts
I might get me one of them if for no other reason than to say I got one. Never fired one. Compared to say a 45 how much more is the recoil?
I’m similarly curious. When I started out early on, I did not like the felt recoil on subcompact .40s and thought it much sharper than a full sized .45. 10mm was slim on options back then so I never really shopped for one.

· Super Moderator
75,268 Posts
It depends. 10mm comes in all different types of loads. The weaker ones are basically the same experience as shooting .40S&W. The full house rounds are almost (almost, but not) like shooting .41 magnum. Most rounds are somewhere in between.

Most rounds are not any more difficult to control than 45 ACP. The fell is a little different, say, sharper rather than a push, but if you have been shooting all your life (which I know you have) you will wonder what all the fuss is about.

I carry a 200 grain XTP bullet loaded by Underwood Ammo to go 1250 fps from my Glock 20. I don't have any difficulty shooting that round. In fact, it is a great deal of fun. If you were closer, I'd just invite you over and have you try them, along with more anemic cartridges.

• Helpful
Reactions: OWM

· Registered
6,605 Posts
It depends. 10mm comes in all different types of loads. The weaker ones are basically the same experience as shooting .40S&W. The full house rounds are almost (almost, but not) like shooting .41 magnum. Most rounds are somewhere in between.

Most rounds are not any more difficult to control than 45 ACP. The fell is a little different, say, sharper rather than a push, but if you have been shooting all your life (which I know you have) you will wonder what all the fuss is about.

I carry a 200 grain XTP bullet loaded by Underwood Ammo to go 1250 fps from my Glock 20. I don't have any difficulty shooting that round. In fact, it is a great deal of fun. If you were closer, I'd just invite you over and have you try them, along with more anemic cartridges.
Thank you for that reply.

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,668 Posts
Go with the Hi Point then. Maybe a few thousandths difference and better looking but no real difference.

Nemo

• Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

· Atlanta Overwatch
14,396 Posts
Go with the Hi Point then. Maybe a few thousandths difference and better looking but no real difference.

Nemo
I have fired both High Point and FN pistols in 9 mm. There is a huge difference between them. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Your prejudice against polymer is showing.

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,668 Posts
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
1 - 20 of 24 Posts