Flyers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The two page flyer we pass out at Information and Recruiting Tables is available at the GCO web site. I have a question for the people who have worked the tables, what do you think of it?

Is it worth the expense?

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Its pretty. Its also pretty expensive. How much money can we save if we go black and white?

3. Claire

Claire New Member

are there PDF files on the site someplace where someone can access the flyers/printouts you have made up?

4. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Would it be cheaper to print it front and back and in B&W to save money?

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

6. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I think the membership application could be done in black and white. I don't think it has any advantage to have a flashy membership application. Once they fill it out, they never see it again anyway.

One of the things I'm working on is creating a wallet card that people can carry that has the code and select case law citations on it. I also think we should better organize the information we have present on the table so we can answer specific questions quickly and have all pertinent information present as well. It will only make us look better as a group if we are prepared and organized when facing the public.

I think we're doing great and learning with each show we do. We've gotten help from a lot of dedicated people and are headed in the right direction as well.

I like Claire's idea of having them available in PDF for members as well.

Just my $.02.

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

i know this sounds bad but can come down on the paper quality?
    what i'm saying is the paper is too nice to be returned as an app.

8. Claire

Claire New Member

thanks for the link :)

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

couple of suggestions

Keep the color!
    It shows we are serious and willing to put forth some effort & a little cash and it draws the eye.
    B&W just doesn't get ones attention and looks unprofessional.

IMHO, 3/4 of the battle at a gun show is making people want to stop & just take a second to look at what you are displaying. I saw that 100 times at the Macon show. People walking by & if they didn't at least stop for 2 seconds I would just smile & say "hi" or "good morning". Sometimes that would turn them off & they would walk away because we were obviously selling something. Sometimes that would get them to stop for a second & look. The people that stop I would give another moment to & then ask if they have ever heard of us & then go into the "here is what we are about" lines.

Downgrade the quality of the paper. I expect that is a goodly portion of the cost. A few people recognize and appreciate high grade paper, most don't. Once we get to the point of being the 400lb gorrilla in Georgia, then we can have a nice heavy grain. Till then, cut back there. (Once we are the Ga gorrilla we need to give away hats. Man! people are FREAKS for those NRA hats.... :? )

My experience also is that we need two medium sized signs to go on the posts of the stand up sign. These need to be color & laminated. The first needs to read
    The second should be

Or something very similar to that. Those two statements got more attention than just about anything else for me this weekend. At least 1/2 of every GFL holder I spoke with rolled their eyes or laughed or shook their head at the mention of the public gathering laws. 90% of the people were incensed about Ca laws being better than Ga.

One other thing we need to do is put a check box on the form asking if people want to recieve letters & such at an email or via snail mail. Had two people that sound like they would be very staunch supporters that "don't do that computer stuff"...

10. Malum Prohibitum

I do not believe any have been returned as an app . . . :cry:

(i.e., unless they were handed over at the gun show)

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Good points, Tinker.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Re: couple of suggestions

This was my thought, but I wanted to see how the people working the tables viewed it.

Obviously, B&W is substantially cheaper.

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I don't think color vs. B&W matters as long as everything is presented professionally and consistently. If it looks like we threw a bunch of stuff together that will have more of a negative impact than whether or not we have stuff in color.

14. tony218

tony218 New Member

hopefully that will change in the future.

15. merlock

merlock New Member

Re: couple of suggestions

One other thing we need to do is put a check box on the form asking if people want to recieve letters & such at an email or via snail mail. Had two people that sound like they would be very staunch supporters that "don't do that computer stuff"...[/quote:mxzics39]

:exactly:

16. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

The California thing really gets peoples attention.

"California has better carry laws than Georgia" will get some attention.

"What is a public gathering?" would get some as well.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

"Drop your weapon(s), this is a public gathering. Or is it?"

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

well there's 10 (and a check) on the way to you as we type. :wink:

19. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I've got about 300 or so sitting in the car, courtesy of Tink.

They look really good.

20. Malum Prohibitum

300 or so what? Flyers?