Florida Woman

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Schweisshund, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

With all the crazy "Florida Man" headlines, I thought it might be important to point out that "crazy" is an equal opportunity in Florida.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-woman-arrested-parents-pipe-bombs

The article claims she stated she was planning on using the pipe bombs to hurt someone.

"Chronister told the station Kolts admitted to making the pipe bombs and planned to use them to hurt people without being specific, according to the station."

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I see 24 tiny time capsules, not pipe bombs. Maybe she was going to give them out as Christmas presents for her friends to use. Yeah, that's it. :mrgreen:

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Were the books deemed illegal? If not, why is anyone watching what one buys over the internet, let alone paying you a visit about your purchase?

Are those 1,000 round cases of ammo I buy online going to prompt a visit by my friendly Sheriff?

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Well, the title could be "Wannabe Florida Man".

Schweisshund likes this.
  5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Seems to me moe we are missing some of the facts here that must have existed at the time of the online order. I don't see the High Sheriff showing up at your door for buying bullets online. Not now anyway. Maybe 2021.

6. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yeah I've bought a few thousand rounds of various calibers online, including M855 rounds, and I haven't had visits from local or federal law enforcement.

7. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Every "handgun" in those photos is an airsoft toy.

If she did try to use one of those "pipe bombs" made with smokeless pistol powder, she probably wouldn't have hurt anyone but herself. She needs to be institutionalized, not put in federal prison for NFA violations.

Schweisshund likes this.