Florida Question

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by ptsmith24, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

So, I'm reading my housing contract for the 10 weeks that I'll be in Orlando. There it is, condition of occupancy number 10: Possession or use of firearms is prohibited...

Is it the same deal as in GA when you see a "no gun" sign you are asked to leave and nothing more? I've been reading up a little on the FL laws, but I guess I missed something about this. I'm seriously considering staying somewhere else because of this dumb rule, but I don't know yet. Thanks for the help.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Anyone going to see your gun?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not unless the need arises.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

Odd. Even Disney World allowed firearms in their hotels.
    The one we stayed in even had a safe built into the wall for storage when we went into the parks.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well, these apartments are dorm-style and closely tied with the campus (although not owned by the campus). I know they are close to University of Central Florida, but not on the property. I can't really carry during the week anyway because I'll be working on government property.

GAGunOwner:
    I'm glad you mentioned about the no open carry in FL. I looked over the laws on packing.org for FL and I must have missed the bit prohibiting that. I'll just have to see how it goes. I'm still waiting on my GFL. Hopefully it'll be here before May 10 when I have to leave.

edit: even my apartment in Statesboro didn't allow the possession of firearms in the apartments. But, when I went to renew, that rule had been removed from the lease...good deal.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah, from what I have read in Florida they are serious about making you keep your gun concealed.

7. Foul

Foul New Member

<---------Native Floridian.

You have to keep them concealed or the blue-haired, wrinkle-rancher snow birds have a heart attack.
    I hate them bringing their liberal views to my home state. It sickens me.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I just have to put up with it for 10 weeks. Then back here to Statesboro for another little while.