FLORIDA POLICE USING FINDER SYSTEM TO CREATE LISTS OF GUN OWNERS

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Deepocean, Oct 25, 2019.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Only as relates to pawned firearms. This doesn't affect non-pawn FFLs.

Probably quite far! There are quite a few anti-gun sheriffs in the gunshine state. I wouldn't be surprised if my old sheriff from Palm Beach County, Ric Bradshaw, has such a list if not others. He's definitely not your friend if you ever mentioned "open carry" in his presence. :lol:

2. Deepocean

Deepocean Member

Pawnbrokers are required to enter information on firearms transactions into the FINDER system

FFL Transfers? New Firearms sales? I do all my transfers through my local Pawn shop. I imagine a lot of FL residents do likewise.
    The big chains already have a detailed record of your purchase history that god knows who they share that info with.

3. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Active Member

It doesn't matter, I'm not returning them.:cool:

4. moe mensale

I'm not sure that's completely correct. Pawnbrokers are required to notify the LE agency that handles their jurisdiction of all pawned acquisitions, not just firearms. The LE agency then enters the info into the FINDER system. FINDER isn't supposed to include identifying information, just item descriptions. The company that owns FINDER supposedly did a software fix that was sending the identifying information.

Commercial retail transactions don't go through the FINDER system. Pawned firearms, like any pawned items, aren't meant for resale. They're held to guarantee repayment of the loan. If the owner doesn't redeem the firearm then the pawnbroker can put it in his retail inventory through his A&D book and sell it like any other firearm in his stock.

5. moe mensale

I'm thinking that any list of gun owners developed through this FINDER system would be a list of former, not current, gun owners. :-k :cpubeatme:

6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Any firearm that spends the night at an FFL is entered into the A&D. Even pawned firearms. If one is foreclosed on for lack of payment or other reasons then it is just placed in inventory. A pawned firearm can also be held and placed in inventory because of being denied on the 4473 when the owner goes to take it out of pawn.

7. moe mensale

I wasn't aware overnight guests were treated so badly. :lol: