Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Florida nonresident license

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PowderTown 
#1 ·
Is there anyplace that will train for and process a Florida license in Georgia? That would include finger prints and photo.

#2 ·
Thank you for the tips! I had already received the fingerprint card from Florida along with application. I took a Hunter Safety course in Ohio, but don't have the certificate and I guess they cannot produce it :(

I thought it had to be a true passport photo, so that is good to know. I'll give Emory PD a call.

#5 ·
1) Order application supplies from the State of Florida=Free (I think you can have them mailed to you or you can print them off yourself now).

2) Take GA Hunter Safety Course=Free.

3) Have fingerprints done at Emory PD (you need to contact them before hand and make an appointment before showing up)=Free (You may be able to print yourself at home but I don't know if FL with accept that).

4) Take a photo with your own digital camera and bring your SD chip to CVS. Go to the photo center and print out a passport photo yourself=Less than $1 (you could probably print your own photo with glossy printer paper at home if you want to save time and a few cents but it's probably easy enough just to go to CVS).

5) Get the application notarized=go to your own bank/credit union=often free, sometimes a small charge.

6) Complete application and mail it all to Florida with required documents=Costs whatever the post office charges for postage.
I've narrowed down the true identity of GA Gunowner as that of either Clark Howard or Dave Ramsey. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.