Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are in the habit of carrying a super-bright flashlight in addition to your firearm, where does it go? On the firearm side? On the opposite side along with the spare mags? What do you prefer?

Is there anyway to carry the gun, the flashlight, the spare mags, without the belt line starting to look like a "tactical" geek :lol:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Add my knife to that and you got... buh-buh-buh-BATMAN !!

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,412 Posts
I keep mine in the mag pocket of my 5.11 cargo pants. If not those, in the weak side regular pocket. I have a Leatherman case on my belt (left) plus holster on right.

I'm thinking about a Surefire belt pouch though, because pocket carry slowly works the switch cap around until it's on. If I don't check on it's progress periodically, I'll discover a flat battery.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,412 Posts
I keep mine in the mag pocket of my 5.11 cargo pants. If not those, in the weak side regular pocket. I have a Leatherman case on my belt (left) plus holster on right.

I'm thinking about a Surefire belt pouch though, because pocket carry slowly works the switch cap around until it's on. If I don't check on it's progress periodically, I'll discover a flat battery.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Between your teeth.

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
Weak side behind my mags, or in cargo pockets if wearing pants/shorts with cargo pockets. Since I carry concealed, it's irrelevant if I look like Batman to me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just invested in a Streamlight and have been carrying on my weak side just behind my spare magazine. It came with a pouch which I was able to attach to my 5.11 bag. If I don't have the flashlight on me then it goes in the pouch.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
Weak side next to spare mag. I CC so no Batman look for me either.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Streamlight Strion, weak side rear on my duty belt. Mags are up front weak side. Also carry a lithium disposable as a spare, plus a larger flashlight with a traffic cone in the patrol car for working accidents.

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Clipped inside the weak side front pocket, lens down. Fenix TK12. I don't get dressed without my gun, light, phone, and GWL/GDL.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
In a pocket on my weak side, if I am out during darkness.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm a flashlight hound, and recently acquired one of these http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_306&products_id=2502 It's small enough that I just let it ride in my not so strong side back pocket, so it's one less piece on your belt. Doesn't get in the way, doesn't accidentally turn on, and is bright as Jesus' second coming.. I will probably buy another few of these.

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
It lives in a weak side pocket though front, back, or thigh depend on the pants and what else I may have in a pocket.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! I just got a Surefire G2X Pro this week. It's definitely bright at full. I have tried both carrying in a pouch behind the magazine and in the pocket on the weak side. Lots of good options :D

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
I carry mine either in a jacket pocket on my weak side or usually like this:

If I'm gonna pack my Surefire Z2, then I carry it on my belt in it's polymer carrier, just behind the mag pouch. I've also got a mag/flashlight pouch from Galco for when I'm packin' a 1911.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts