Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
From MP's link:

Regarding whether or not is should be legal for those over the age of 21 and are licensed to carry a concealed weapon in Florida.....

Still, sophomore Josh Orendorf doesn’t like it. “If I’m not carrying a gun then there is less of a chance that I’m going to be involved in any shooting at all and I think it’s the same for everyone involved.â€
How he comes to this conclusion was obviously absent any logic. And besides, you're (most likely) not eligible, Josh. We're not talking about you walking around campus with a gun, just the hundreds of thousands of Floridians who are already licensed and walking around every day just about everywhere else in the state without causing mass carnage. Or any other amount of carnage, for that matter.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,001 Posts
It's down to the wire again with HB 4005 in Florida.

There's only a few days left until sine die. Let's hope Florida does the right thing, finally. This hand ringing year to year isn't getting anything done except allowing criminals to continue to prey on adults on college campuses. Let's hope there are enough spines in Florida to get it done.

·
Registered
15,032 Posts
Let's hope Florida does the right thing, finally.
They have more important things to be concerned about than campus carry right now. Like getting open carry. And concealed carry. Yeah, I know they have CC - I lived there for 30 years - but several years ago some court case ruled that CC was a privilege and not a right. Which leads to the obvious conclusion that if OC is not legal and CC is a privilege subject to withdrawl at the state's whim, then FL has no legal 2nd amendment rights. So much for the vaunted "gunshine state."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts