Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://wfla.com/2017/01/09/lakeland-gun-shop-burglary-has-polk-sheriff-fuming/

Security cameras recorded thieves in action at “Rapture Guns and Knives†on North US 98, north of Lakeland.

After jimmying open the front door, one takes a hammer, then uses his feet to smash out the glass in a case.

Then, it’s a free-for-all as they scoop guns into a satchel.
The Sheriff said deputies visited Rapture Gun on December 13th, warning the owner to put his guns in a safe or vault, or at least make the store harder to get in to.

“Gun store owners have a moral and an ethical obligation to protect their guns†said Sheriff Judd.
Nope

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
locks only keep honest people out.

·
Registered
14,960 Posts
Grady Judd is one of the more supportive gun rights sheriffs in FL. He knows the ATF, not his department, sets security requirements for gun stores. Maybe he's just frustrated with all the smash & grabs going on.

·
Registered
385 Posts
As we know, everything's different in Florida.
Still I've never been in a Georgia Gun shop that didn't remove handguns from the case and put them in a safe or fortified room at night.
I think it's the owners right to do what he wants to with his stuff, but I'd have a hard time looking a mom or dad in the eye after some thug broke a glass door at my business and stole a weapon from a glass case, later using it in a home invasion or crime where their sons or daughters got raped or killed. Since predators know no bounds, it could even be the owners own family that suffers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts