Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a guy OCing in the tool section of Lowes in Newnan tonight. He was carring a 1911 (possibly a Para GI expert) in a Serpa type holster. Didn't get a chance to talk to him cause he was on the phone. This was the first time I've seen anyone carrying, other than at a GCO event (litter clean-up).

Me? I was CCing so I doubt anyone noticed (just how I like it :-$ )

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
whitmo said:
Me? I was CCing so I doubt anyone noticed (just how I like it :-$ )
I OC, just how I like it! :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
well if you had been at lowes in statesboro, you would have seen me oc'ing. ive been in there many times and had guys start conversation where it ended up with them telling me that they were cc'ing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw a guy doing the nut buster carry in Dicks sporting goods a few months ago. He couldn't take more than a few steps without having to adjust uhh something. I guess he either had a bad itch or the pistol wanted to slip down the front of his pants.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
no clever name said:
I saw a guy doing the nut buster carry in Dicks sporting goods a few months ago. He couldn't take more than a few steps without having to adjust uhh something. I guess he either had a bad itch or the pistol wanted to slip down the front of his pants.
Yeah, I'd like to see just how fast and accurately he can transition from CC to aim/fire! :screwy:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I open carry in Newnan all the time.

Keep a look out for me, either my Glock 19, or my new Stainless 1911.

If you see me, stop me and say hello.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
At the Newnan Wally World today, there was a retired ex-Marine working the Toys for Tots out front. He was in his WW2 uniform, OCing a 1911 in shoulder gear He was surrounded by folks when I entered and left. When I left, he was playing show-and-tell with his bayonet, all with a GSP looking on. Anyway, he seemed to be having a great time wearing his old uniform and yukking it up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hock25 said:
At the Newnan Wally World today, there was a retired ex-Marine working the Toys for Tots out front. He was in his WW2 uniform, OCing a 1911 in shoulder gear He was surrounded by folks when I entered and left. When I left, he was playing show-and-tell with his bayonet, all with a GSP looking on. Anyway, he seemed to be having a great time wearing his old uniform and yukking it up.
So was he retired or an ex-marine? Marines consider a difference between the two

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
ClayD said:
Hock25 said:
So was he retired or an ex-marine? Marines consider a difference between the two
I didn't get a chance to talk with him. He looked happy, around 80ish years old. The uniform appeared authentic WW2.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:righton: Gotta love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts