First time at the range w/ Sig P229 in over two months

Discussion in 'Training' started by rjinga, May 21, 2016.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

First Photo (3 yds): My first two shots in over two months were touching and within a one inch circle. Once I saw that, I was struck with a condition I’ve named “Cocppy†(cocky and sloppy). The onset of this condition was immediately preceded by the thought “Hey, I’ve got this!â€

Second Photo (7 yds): I got off four shots this time before the “Cocppy†kicked in.

Third Photo (15 yds): I’m not sure I can blame the three shots in the 10 circle on anything other than me being rusty at that distance.

Forth Photo (3 yds): This time, once I saw that the first shot hit the orange, I just tried to hold that same front post sight picture, and didn’t check the target again until I finished shooting.

Fifth Photo (3 yds): I was drawing from underneath my cover garment (open shirt) and firing, while stepping to my right (away from the right hand of the aggressor) at the same time. I started off firing single shots, and then switched to double-taps. I got 15 shots inside the six inch square upper center-mass box; another three shots are touching the bottom line. Four more shots are in the top half of the 5 x 6 inch lower center-mass box. And, one shot was ¾ of an inch above the top line.

Sixth Photo (3 yds): Six shots in a 1&1/4 inch square box.

Attached Files:

2. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

That 15 yard target is a good one.

3. rjinga

rjinga Member

Thanks.