Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... Ignorance is not a defense unless you are an Obama! I know it seems trivial but if we allow them to break all election laws because they are the ruling couple then don't we run the chance of creating a dictatorship?

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- states: "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place [or] within 100 feet of any polling place."

A top Ilinois State Board of Elections official tells the DRUDGE REPORT that Mrs. Obama -- a Harvard-educated lawyer -- may have simply been ignorant of the law and thus violated it unintentionally.

"You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right?" the official explained late Thursday. "I mean, she's pretty well liked and probably doesn't know what she's doing."
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GAGunOwner said:
seereus said:
If me or you, went to the polls and campaigned, we would face the consequences.
If it were just a comment or two, nobody would care if it were "me or you." At the most the poll workers would tell "me or you" to cut-it-out.
True but "me or you" is very different from being a political figure. If Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Rush Limbaugh, or Neal Boortz were to make comments like this in a poll I would expect charges against them.

She knew what she was doing and she knew she would get away with it.

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rugerer said:
A "normal" person's experience.

David McKinley, the Republican nominee for the House seat in West Virginia’s 1st district, had been stumping on the third floor of the Harrison County courthouse here on Thursday when he was politely informed that his campaign stop was also a polling place
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/hou ... u-campaign
There is a big difference between being two floors above a polling place and making a speech in the polling area.

David McKinley, the Republican nominee for the House seat in West Virginia’s 1st district, had been stumping on the third floor of the Harrison County courthouse here on Thursday when he was politely informed that his campaign stop was also a polling place; district residents were casting ballots two floors below.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.