firehouse subs open carry

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by chainsaw123, Sep 2, 2007.

1. chainsaw123

chainsaw123 GPDO Supporter

any of you here in the firehouse sub shop at hwy 9 & 141 today? I was sitting there and a man and his wife came in with a little boy and both adults were packing open. I thought it was kinda cool even though I would not open carry.

just wondering.

2. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Caught me. I'll carry both open or concealed, doesn't matter to me. Sandy has the same feeling although most of the time hers is in her purse unless we're going to the range. I guess one has to be confident and competent in thier ability if they chose to carry either open or concealed.

Chris

ETA...That little boy shot good today. Using his moms G19, 9 out of 15 center mass, the other 6 were low but still on target. That makes a papa proud.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

o_O You were that close and you didn't come shooting with us?! Bad chainsaw! No chainsaw treat!

4. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Yep, that was Chris, his wife and his son. I guess you didn't see his son's G26 since he was packing concealed! :shock: :shock: :lol: And I'll attest to the fact that that boy can really shoot.

5. chainsaw123

I must confess miss kitty, I had just left church. I might be in the minority here because I attend my church every Sunday. I hope I am not the only one and any of you are welcome to join my GF and myself any Sunday.

I pointed out the open carry to my GF and she was less than impressed. She used to be married to a cop and has been around guns but she wondered why a regular citizen would carry a gun. Yes, I went into the "because they can legally" speech but I will have to delicatley work on her mindset about this subject. key word is "delicatley".

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

After church is the best time to go shooting! I mean, you're already out and right by the range! ;)

7. misawa

misawa New Member

I got up, went to church, Bible Study, had lunch, and then went to the shoot, chainsaw. My wife's not a fan of open-carry as much as concealed, but I'm slowly winning her over. She does want to get her permit, so that's a start. Hope you can join us next time.

8. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Nope, you're not alone.

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

My church is right down the street from the intersection of 141 and 9. We were at a wedding downtown that started at 7 pm and it just didn't work out. I agree though - after leaving church I'm already there and the range is just opening.

10. chainsaw123

very good to see other Christians here.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol: