Firefox Quantum v57

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:22 PM.

1. NTA

NTA Active Member

It is out today and really is worth the upgrade.

I'm leaving the privacy leaking Chrome for a while.

2. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

ive been using Brave and it seems pretty good. i just updated my FF to 57 so i may actually give that a try.

3. Glockenator

Glockenator heathen infidel savage

Does that not drag and lag like the previous Firefox? Chrome is good and fast, but invasive like you mention. I have been using Opera for a while, and it isn't bad, as far as I can tell.

4. NTA

NTA Active Member

The Firefox 57 is a bit faster than chrome on my laptop and desktop. I've not watched any video on it yet, they say there's supposed to be some speed up there too.

5. Glockenator

I just installed it. Setting it all up now. I wish it had an option to import bookmarks from Opera. There might be some way to do that indirectly. I guess I will look into that tomorrow, but so far I like what I see. I may be switching back to FF. Haven't used it in a while.

6. Glockenator

Update: I found a way to import my bookmarks from Opera. I'm really liking this new FF (I hated the old one). It's very clean, fast and pretty intuitive. Thanks for the heads up, NTA.

NTA likes this.
  7. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Just got the update for Linux Mint today. Does seem snappy.

8. Glockenator

I almost defecated a brick last night when I was telling wifey about it, and she said something about Google now owning FF. I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!! She was mistaken, as far as I can tell.

9. Taurus92

That would definitely undermine the purpose.

10. Glockenator

Yep, but Google is the type of company that would do that in such a way that nobody knew about it. Like Facebook, they are like ticks. You don't feel them bite you like you would a mosquito. They crawl up under your nut sack or armpit and suck blood (your personal data) out of you, painlessly and without notice. Then they sell it. And make millions per day from it.

11. Taurus92

Yeah, I'm reading about DRM in FF now, wondering what I might do to myself by turning it on.

12. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

I got upgraded to FF57 tonight and I'm finding I may roll back. It has broken the main plugin I use with it (keefox, now kee for FF57) which is how I manage all my logins.

I also noticed even here that it alters some formatting and when I go to login the top portion of the screen blanks out making it hard to do so.

13. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I've been using FF57 since the day it was released. I have not had any of those issues.

14. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member