FireArmz Class -Pics & Comments 7/4/07

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Bulldawg182, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'll start it off by saying "Thanks" to Ken and his assistants from FireArmz for putting together a great Defensive Handgun Class for us. It was as hot as hot can be, but an incredibly educational couple of days. Most of us commented that we thought we knew enough about handguns and their use to be considered proficient before attending the class....we changed our minds very quickly. We learned valuable techniques that none of us had ever even considered and we were taught to do them safely. I can't recommend this class and Ken and his team at FireArmz enough. Now it's time for an AR class!!

Just as importantly, what a great bunch of guys from GPDO! It was great meeting you all and getting to know you. Of course, when you're pulling someone around by their belt while they're shooting live ammo to defend you or when you're elbowing someone in the chest as you practicing retention shooting into their hips, it's pretty easy to get to know someone.

Thanks to all for making this a couple of days educational and fun !!

Pictures to follow.

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'd also like to thank Ken and his crew. I learned a lot this weekend, most notably that 87 year olds like Larry don't all require canes to move around ;)

3. Bulldawg182

A few of the things we learned today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bulldawg182

Tony G, lsu-nonleg & Budder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bulldawg182

Ken instructing on shooting with your "off hand". Buldawg182 learning how to fire, change mags and chamber a round with only one functional hand. How many of us have tried that one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Bulldawg182

Budder, your sister had NO COMPLAINTS!!!! :p :lol: 8)

7. Bulldawg182

8. Bulldawg182

By the way, for those of us who think learning how to fire, change mags and chamber a round using only your one STRONG hand, we were also taught how to fire, change mags and chamber a round using ONLY our one OFFSIDE HAND!!! Ken showed us how to chamber rounds by hooking the rear sights on a belt, your holster or your pocket.

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Fantastic class! Can't say enough good things about Ken and his team. As I mentioned to Bulldawg182 today, while taking this class I discovered that I really am not as proficient as I thought I was when it comes to defensive firearms. I definitely learned a lot out of this class and plan on practicing the techniques Ken taught us.

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:shock:
    Wow. Thanks for the pics. If those & the description aren't advertisement to take something like this I can't imagine what would be! Think I might wait for a nice fall or early winter class though.... :)

11. budder

I only have a brother :shock:

Tinkerhell, trust me, we'd all be posting even more glowing reviews were it not for the combination of Ken kicking our butts and having that bastard Sun sweat all those nice liquids out. I don't think anyone was able to stay up past 10 last night.

12. Bulldawg182

In this series, they had us do jumping jacks to get out heart rates up, then sprint 20 yards to pick up our mags, load and turn and fire. We had pre set 3 mags in 3 different distances from the targets so each series of shots were progressively closer. But, the increased heart rate is meant to simulate the adrenalin rush of a real life encounter with a bad guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Larry, thanks for helping get this all put together and for pulling my belt, elbowing me in the chest and feeling me up. Not to mention taking off before the brass pickup party. It takes a while to pickup 15,000+ casings.

It was a great class with the heat being the only real problem. Ken and his guys were great and the GPDO people that were there were also great guys. I would not hesitate to do this again in the future.

14. Bulldawg182

\

Yeah, I felt badly about that but had no choice. My wife, in her infinite wisdom, invited the family of my future son in law to dinner without telling me until Saturday afternoon. You should have been there when I walked into my house covered with sweat, red clay, camo and a G19 strapped to my side!!!

Went a long way towards telling them all just what they're getting into!!! :lol:

15. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

That's awesome!!!

16. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Great pictures. Looks like Kalishikitty made a showing as well!!!

17. budder

Hell yeah! Fear the Kalashnikitty \m/

EDIT: I have really bad posture :?

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:bowdown: