FIREARMZ Basic Handgun Jan 5-6, 2008

Discussion in 'Training' started by VolGrad, Oct 15, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Is anyone else here remedial enough to require the basic course? I am sending in my registration form this week. I have had no formal training, no military experience, just need to get the basics building blocks before I get too far down the wrong road with bad habits.

I hope to see some other forum members there.

2. TAP

TAP New Member

I just got the thumbs up from the wife to take the 11/24-11/25 basic handgun and the 12/8-12/9 concealed carry class. I am sending my registration in tomorrow. Maybe I will see you at the fighting pistol class in February. I grew up around guns but I never had any formal training so I am looking forward to Ken's classes. I'm sure it will be money well spent.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sure would make a nice Christmas gift.

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm saving up my pennies now, but hope to take another class soon. Even if someone didn't "require" the basic course, I'm sure it would be useful, since Ken's style lends itself well to a wide range of abilities on the line. The large amount of trigger time is great for any skill level and really lets you get to know your gun, and in some cases, a little too well...

Stupid 500 degree gun...

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Sounds like a non bullet gun wound. :oops:

6. budder

Let's put it this way: I think I may have been saved from the dreaded plastic butt since I had to use a leather, not kydex holster. I didn't actually get burned (from the gun). The sun is another story :shakehead:

7. M249

M249 New Member

I'm interested in the basic pistol course... let me check my piggy bank. :)

8. VolGrad

Do it. I would really like to have some other GCO/GPDO members in the class.

9. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

That looks like an interesting course. I'll look into it.

10. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

The good part about going to Ken's classes as a GPDO group is that he tailors his class and it's content to his students. After reviewing his class descriptions, I can tell you that we did some stuff from all three handgun classes during our weekend. If enough of you sign up, rest assured you'll get a curriculum as you require and not just a step by step of his class description.

Again, the absolute best investment I've made as it pertains to guns and I plan on doing the rifle course and others in the future.

11. FireStar

FireStar Guest

I'm looking into taking this class. What percentage of it is outdoors? 99? The description doesn't say.

12. budder

The course we took in August was 0% outdoors and 100% on the surface of the sun. I'm not sure how the facilities will be at Ken's new place, but I imagine it'll be all outdoors.

13. Claire

Claire New Member

Jeff? was it a little hot when you took the course? :lol:

14. budder

Little bit. ;)

15. tace

tace New Member

No, it wasn't a little hot. :lol:

[​IMG]

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would be interested, but have been told that I have other financial priorities to take care of first.

17. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Yeah, but this next class will be in January, so it will probably be in the 30's or 40's outside. Brrrrrr.....cold....

Although I prefer 30 degrees over 100 degrees any day!! :D

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I'm very interested in the basic class & have zero doubt I'd benefit from it. Now I just have to talk my wallet and my wife into it. The Nov class looks like a good date.

19. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Just do what I did and tell the wife this.

"Honey, you know I carry a gun and will continue to do so whether I take the class or not. But, I think we'd both feel better if I'm well trained to do it safely and proficiently. After all, I'm thinking of you and the kids more than myself here. I want to be absolutely certain that I'm prepared and ready to defend you guys if and when the time ever comes and I'm sure you're just as concerned about my safety as I am yours. This class is an insurance policy for you, the kids and me."

Show me the woman who'd say no to that!!! :lol: 8)

20. VolGrad

I am guessing you won't have any trouble convincing her of the need for further training given your recent execution of the electrical outlet. :rotfl2: