Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the basic firearms course today from http://ppft.webs.com/aboutus.htm. It was the basic pistol, NRA course. Aaron Rote and his partner Steve run the course. I meet Aaron at the GCO booth a few weeks back when he signed up for a membership :righton: and had a chance to speak with him. He offers some interesting courses that I want to take, Inside and Outside Home Defense and some other "tactical" classes. He told me that I had to take his base level class first, no biggie.

The class was small, 8 people with a wide range of abilities and experience. Mom, daughter, doctor, 16yr old girl, new-never fired my gun before guy. The class covers all the basics of firearm use and saftey, and has the potential to be boring, but Aaron and Steve keep it very interesting. They go well above the basic pistol course, touching on legal/social issues, tactical awareness, etc. They dont just teach the basic firearm course, they prep you for real world use and self defense. Heavy instruction on stance, sight pictures and trigger control.

The shooting part of the class was the most fun. Aaron and Steve are very positive, very patient. It wasnt just shooting at CM targets, we were run through several drills to test your ability to react quickly to a given stimuli. Several of the student suprised themselves as smile were abound.

There's no BS, what they teach works. Ive been shooting since I was 6 and never lost interest today. Like I said I plan on taking some more of they're courses. Theres no fluff here, if your at all interested in the topics they teach I'd highly recommend a visit. Their place is easy to find, it isnt the most high tech facility, but the instruction is top notch and you walk away more experienced. I plan to get my wife into the basic course ASAP.

Thimbs up! :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
robfromga said:
It was the basic pistol, NRA course. Aaron Rote and his partner Steve run the course.
. They go well above the basic pistol course, touching on legal/social issues, tactical awareness, etc. They dont just teach the basic firearm course, they prep you for real world use and self defense. Heavy instruction on stance, sight pictures and trigger control

, we were run through several drills to test your ability to react quickly to a given stimuli.
There's no BS, what they teach works.
Umm..from the description above that was not even remotely an NRA basic pistol class. Sounds like a great class but the guys hosting it need to be careful about what they do when using the NRA name. The NRA does not appreciate or allow ANY deviation from any basic class format. :?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mathar1 said:
robfromga said:
It was the basic pistol, NRA course. Aaron Rote and his partner Steve run the course.
. They go well above the basic pistol course, touching on legal/social issues, tactical awareness, etc. They dont just teach the basic firearm course, they prep you for real world use and self defense. Heavy instruction on stance, sight pictures and trigger control

, we were run through several drills to test your ability to react quickly to a given stimuli.
There's no BS, what they teach works.
Umm..from the description above that was not even remotely an NRA basic pistol class. Sounds like a great class but the guys hosting it need to be careful about what they do when using the NRA name. The NRA does not appreciate or allow ANY deviation from any basic class format. :?
The basic class was taught, in totality. These where side "items" :righton:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts