Firearms Selection Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by USMC - Retired, Feb 7, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Hey Y'all, just wanted to get your opinion on something. My buddies here at work have invited me to go shoot some golf this weekend. I have never shot a golf before and am not sure what would be the most effective choice of firearm. Any ideas?

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I would use a baseball bat, cause we all know that guns kill.

3. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Golf Bag Guns

USMC,

My recommendation,

Fairways 50cal sniper rifle, long shots and plenty of hitting power

In the Ruff anything around a 30-30, 30-06, 270 and even an true full auto 223 just incase your really in it

Sand Traps 5.56 :minigun:

Greens 22LR down to a 22short

Don't forget your personnal defensive weapons, you know those golf can be very sneeky and get behind you when you least expect it.

Just remember you have to watchout for the public gatherings, transportation, churches and Gwinnet Co.

And next they will get you snipe hunting

4. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

.....For the birdies and eagles....

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Shooting golf is an expensive hobby to pick up.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If your feeling nostalgic and don't mind open sights, you can use my 1891 Argentine Mauser (7.65 x 53). If you really want to damage the little suckers, my brother has a box of steel jacketed rounds for it. :twisted: We shot one one of those straight through the base of a telephone pole one day.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:rotfl:

That would be the funniest thing ever. Go out, let your buds tee up first & drive down range, then when they are donw you pull the protective cover off your bag & yank out your rifle with a nice big scope & proceed to turn each of their balls into so many chuncks of expensive debris. I can just see their eyes :shock:

Then just claim you win & head into the 19th hole their treat :!:

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Give a Glock 18 a try. But only on the greens. :lol:

9. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Last time I wenting sport clay shooting, a 44 mag with shotshells was a lot of fun!

For golf, I would recommend this load.

For sporting clays, Ill stay with my 12 guage!

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Wow was I confused! We go there and it turns out that them boys don't shoot 'em at all, they beat 'em to death with clubs! And they don't even kill the grown ones, just try to break all the eggs! Tough critters though, I smacked one of them eggs hard as I could and it didn't break, just flew about three hundered yards down this field and rolled into a hole. All my buddies got real mad and throwed down thier sticks and left. I guess they were disapointed with me cause I couldn't break one of them eggs. :oops:

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That is just BARBARIC!!!

Will someone please think about the children!