Firearms Licenses Up More Than 100% in Florida!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Lawlessness Cited for Spike in Weapons Permits

2. tace

tace New Member

I spent a month on a FL college campus back when I was a kid. I was truely shocked to see how :censored: a state it was. On campus, these guys from outside were trying to push drugs on 11-13 year olds. Don't think they were ever caught.

The few times I stayed there since, it seems like the filth (human kind) seems to be getting worse by day. I know next time I am there, I am packing the whole time.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'll probably be moving to Orlando in a little over a year. I guess I'll have to find the better side of town, if such a thing exists there.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I would suggest you go under ground, but you'd hit water after about 4 feet of digging.

5. Malum Prohibitum

· In July 2007, more than 16,250 persons applied for concealed weapons permits.

SOURCE: Florida Department of Agriculture, Division of Licensing

6. GunNut

GunNut New Member

How many of those were non-resident?

I lived in Tampa for 6 years. It was a :censored: hole. I've been to Miami a couple of times...it made Tampa look nice. I really doubt I'd ever move back. I did keep my CCW for reciprocity purposes though. :D

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:wildeyed:

8. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I am sooo glad they honor the GFL, in case I ever drive down there on vacation or something. :D
    But I would still need to do my homework though (educate myself as far as off-limit places, etc.)

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

It won't take near as long as GA to be up to speed on them. :cry:

10. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

I am sorry to see Gunnut, didn't like Tampa. I spent 12 years there living in south Tampa and loved it. what a beautiful small city with lots of nice things to do. The beachs, Ybor City, Hyde Park area, Palma Ceia.

11. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Start with handgunlaw.us (if you haven't already) and follow up with opencarry.org.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

There isn't . Not long after the FL Stand Your Ground, a man was carjacked at the entrance to Disney. He didn't shoot until the gunman ordered the wife to stay in the car, he would "have fun" with her. Needless to say, no charges filed but goes to show it can happen anywhere.

13. Malum Prohibitum

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm hunting the article up now. I believed it to be Disney, but I'm either wrong or the guy just neglected the ban. I do know the incident occurred entering the park, IE at the Roadside entrance.

Does disney not have a Lock Up policy like 6 Flags?

15. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Same here ptsmith! Only I am probably gonna be moving back to Orlando in the next few months.

16. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Nope no lock up policy.......

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'll probably be there next summer (from May-July or so).

18. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Sweet somebody else to go to the range in Orlando

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, the only place I could find for rifles was tenoroc in lakeland, and another place just north of town on 441...i can't remember what it was called now...i prefer tenoroc because it's outdoors. the other place has two rifle lanes and maybe about 10 pistol.