Firearms Classes in Warner Robins

Discussion in 'Training' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Mar 14, 2007.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I posted a thread in the firearms section where the Warner Robins PD is offering firearms training to females only. You may want to take a gander at it.

2. maddog

maddog New Member

That does sound like a sex descrimination case ... lol

3. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

now now boys put on some skirts and join in. I am sure it will be way under your knowledge level.

I just wish they would do the class down here. since I have started shooting I have more and more female friends tell me they own guns that their ex husbands or fathers gave them and don't have a clue how to use them. some of these firearms are too the point that they are just cheap mass productions that if they tried to fire them they would probably explode.

either that or I just have expensive taste in firearms.

4. GeorgiaGlocker

Those friends must not own Glocks!

5. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

A lot of LE Agencies put on gun classes and to their credit good PR. On the other hand they usually teach what they want you to think is the law when actually some of it is far from the truth. Ever think it is also a way to list people who have guns?

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

All hail Glock.... :bowdown:

:D

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Friends don't let friends own Glocks!

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's better to shoot a BG with a Glock, than to have to throw a POS, and hit 'em between the eyes.

Since Sept, I've put 5,000+ rounds of asst ammo through my Glock 17. It's eaten everything I've fed it, and spit it all out the muzzle. No FTF, FTE, or anything other kind of failure. It's hard to argue with that kind of reliability. 8)

9. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

It is soooo easy to see who loves their glocks on here....

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

[​IMG]

Get the heretic!

8)

11. GeorgiaGlocker

USMC, me and you are going to have to have a talk. :banghead:

12. GeorgiaGlocker

:shock:

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Would such a list be legal?

14. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I would guess that the only way that you could expect to have your name not on a list, would be if you signed a Privacy Act form prior to taking the class. If you haven't and the class is open to the public (paid for by taxpayers money) then I don't believe you could have any expectation of privacy, regarding your name on a list. So yes it would be legal, but whether those documents would be available to the public is another matter.

15. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

also having a name on a list for firearms training wouldn't necessarily mean that you owned a firearm, when I was in Middle School I took a Hunters Safety course that the local PD put on at our school, but I did not own a firearm, nor did my anyone in my family, at that time.

I remember a friend of mine who took some pistol handling classes at the local community college in SC, and she said it was all full of women, most of who did not own a firearm.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That sounds like the perfect place to meet chicks. Oh man....it'd be like a supermarket of girls.......mmmmmm.

"Hey...how you doing?........yeah, it is a nice day outside.....oh that's cool...........hey, you wanna hit the range after class, for you know...homework? Great. I hope you like Glock. 8)

17. GeorgiaGlocker

Ramm, just imagine the lines about your Glock.....have you had that .25 trigger job yet? 8)

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was wondering if anyone was going to make a connection.... :D

Have I?! I polished all the right parts to a mirror finish. Smooth as glass.

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

As a matter of fact, that IS a gun in my pocket!!! :D And yes, I am glad to meet you.