Firearms auction in Jasper this weekend

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by galvatron, Oct 7, 2010.

1. galvatron

galvatron Member

Sorry for the last minute notice, haven't checked the auction site in a while. Preview is tomorrow from 1-6, link has all info. The auction is on Saturday.
    I have to work, so there will be one less person to bid against you......

http://www.jeffdobson.com/upauctions/in ... nojava%3D0

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A few more bits of info:

All the guns [except for pre-1899 antiques and blackpowder ones] will be transferred through an FFL dealer, so you need to fill out the federal #4473 form.

Bidding can be done starting now, through the internet, as well as in-person Saturday in Jasper.

Online bidding involves an 18% buyer's premium.
    Bidding in person involves a lower premium, I think 9% for cash or checks or debit cards, and 13% for credit cards, if I am correctly recalling what the lady told me 20 minutes ago.

I'd like to go, if I don't end up taking a long bicycle ride instead. I'm not really shopping for anything in particular, but if there are some real steals to be had, I might pick up something, play with it a while, then sell it later at a profit.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

If you wade through some of the crap, there are actually some pretty decent firearms in there.

4. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Do you actually have to be there to "win" an item?

5. m100_explorer

m100_explorer New Member

Hefty buyer premiums probably wander up there tomorrow could be good fun. Saw a Sig Mosquito to try and get for youngest daughter.

6. galvatron

galvatron Member

So did anybody find any new toys today?

7. m100_explorer

m100_explorer New Member

Well went and got outbid on a few things I wanted but didn't want to bust the bank so had applied a hard stop on bidding. Ended up with a 22 Henry repeating for 94 bucks out the door.

They are having another one in Dec I believe it's the 11th with 800 guns! So if you go for the day it will be a long one. Also noticed that they started pretty much where the bids were after Friday night so should you see something you want and it's already over what you would bid then move on to the next item.

They also had internet bidding going as I lost to that twice!

8. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

I wish I had gone. I was watching a Ruger P90 .45ACP NIB that ended up selling for $250.00. That would have been well worth the drive for me.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I came by on Friday during the inspection period, but I could not attend the acution on Saturday.
    I noticed very few AK and AR platform guns. Just a couple of those. Several SKS rifles, both Chineses and from eastern Europe. Mostly old well-used hunting guns.
    Some old side-by-side shotguns caught my interest-- If I could pick one up for $50 or so it might be good to hang over the fireplace.
    Several new Marlin rifles, brand new in the box with papers, were being sold. If I had room in the gun safe for something new, that 18" barreled .45-70 lever gun might have come home with me.
    I really wanted the stainless steel Rossi .22LR pump-action.
    Does anybody know what that Rossi sold for?