FIREARMS ALLOWED SIGN....

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by gizmo5, Jul 11, 2007.

1. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. SUGGESTIONS WELCOME. :)
    THIS IS THE CONSTANTLY REVISED VERSION. CHECK THIS ONE FOR THE CHANGES.
    [​IMG]

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

All that stuff at the bottom could be left off.

No need to explain all that on the sign. If someone has questions, that's a great opportunity for a face to face discussion.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

With whom would you rather shop?

4. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

The stuff at the bottom is to stop people from thinking anybody can have a gun. I figure without it, people will wonder how easy it is for others to carry a gun. With the requirments at the bottom, people who are interested will read it and be educated. Others will just read the large print and say "ok."

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But it really needs to be changed to with whom would you rather shop, not who would you rather shop with.

7. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Obviously not criminals, but with others that approve of me carrying my pistol. I would like it if others would eventually look at my gun and not wonder if I’m a bad guy and what not. Saying "who would you rather shop with" is just to exemplifying the fact that the gun licensed individual is a GOOD GUY. Any other way of wording will be appreciated. Im kinda the blunt straight forward type so tact in my wording is not my specialty. Any gentle way of saying "I have a gun, Im allowed to because this is america and its my right, grow up and stop thinking guns kill people!" Thats what I say in my head... :lol:

8. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

HOW ABOUT NOW? I changed the top one as well so the lazy guys can just click, look, and move on... LOL [​IMG]

9. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Well...since we're word-smithing.

In the small print, I would replace "upstanding" with "Georgia", and lose "any person" in the second bullet point.

Criminals do indeed get fingerprinted, so the last statement isn't actually true.

I would expand the "must pass a thorough georgia..." with "Pass a thorough Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check."

and I'm thinking that the Legal resident of United States is redundant of the fact that the first statement is "Citizen".

Even though I offer all these suggestions...I really think its a great idea and a job well done!

10. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Your suggestions are GREAT, I will do them when I get home tonight on my computer. Thanks again!

11. Axeman

Axeman New Member

12. dbaker

dbaker New Member

This is my only suggestion :lol:

[​IMG]

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

ANYTHING but a Beretta handgun please.

:D

14. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

If I saw a sign with a glock I would sale all my guns and never want to be a part of the 2nd ever again... :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

gimme something better. 1911?

16. pro2am

pro2am New Member

1911 or revolver is probably more universally recognized.

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Not by the media.

:wink:

18. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

THE REVISED EDITION WILL ALWAYS BE THE FIRST PIC. I WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL A UNANIMOUS AND COLLECTIVE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON THE FINAL.