Firearm transfer

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by kestak, May 22, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

From person to person in Georgia. Do you need a GFL to do a transaction? For example John Doe is selling me his Glock 21 for 1$ and we meet in Atlanta for the transaction?

Thank you

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

That's a bit much to ask for a Glock, but if you wanted to do it there is nothing illeagle about it. Mater of fact you don't even need a GFL. By law you can do a face to face in the same state just as long as the seller know of no reason that the buyer would be prohibited from buying.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's a good deal on a Glock, but it would be about 99 cents too much for a Kimber. 8)

4. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'll be happy to supply the answer but first you'll need to give me the name and telephone number of John Doe! :lol: :lol: 8)

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Burn.

6. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I have made it part of my requirement that I there be a bill of sale even when I sell to a friend, just to protect all parties.

That is not a requirement but if someone stole the pistol from the buyer then used it in a crime at least there would be protection for the buyer and the seller to some extent. :wink: