Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

From person to person in Georgia. Do you need a GFL to do a transaction? For example John Doe is selling me his Glock 21 for 1$ and we meet in Atlanta for the transaction?

Thank you

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
kestak said:
Greetings,

From person to person in Georgia. Do you need a GFL to do a transaction? For example John Doe is selling me his Glock 21 for 1$ and we meet in Atlanta for the transaction?

Thank you
That's a bit much to ask for a Glock, but if you wanted to do it there is nothing illeagle about it. Mater of fact you don't even need a GFL. By law you can do a face to face in the same state just as long as the seller know of no reason that the buyer would be prohibited from buying.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
For example John Doe is selling me his Glock 21 for 1$ and we meet in Atlanta for the transaction?
I'll be happy to supply the answer but first you'll need to give me the name and telephone number of John Doe! :lol: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
kestak said:
Greetings,

Thank you
I have made it part of my requirement that I there be a bill of sale even when I sell to a friend, just to protect all parties.

That is not a requirement but if someone stole the pistol from the buyer then used it in a crime at least there would be protection for the buyer and the seller to some extent. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts