Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sergeant William Palmer, the Minneapolis Police Department Spokesman, is under investigation for assaulting Joel Rosenberg, a local self-defense activist, in the waiting room of the office of Timothy Dolan, Minneapolis Police Chief. this afternoon, at approximately 130PM....

When Rosenberg removed his jacket, revealing one of the two lawfully-carried handguns on his person, Palmer leaped at him, laid hands on him without lawful authority or Rosenberg's consent, and removed one of Rosenberg's pistols, "sweeping", or momentarily pointing it, at Rosenberg as he moved to unload it.

"Palmer did not commit a further assault by patting me down," Rosenberg said. "If he did, he probably would have found the snubnose revolver in my right pocket, and threatened me with that, too." Rosenberg smiled. "He took one of my knives, too, but missed two others."...

...Rosenberg, a permit holder, firearms instructor and the author of Everything You Need to Know About (Legally) Carrying a Handgun in Minnesota...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2623019/posts

Video of said encounter:

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
lets see how this one turns out!

·
Registered
949 Posts
At least they can carry their guns into government buildings, now they just need to make sure that law enforcement know that they can.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Who's going to be the first to post the video clip with the first meeting of Gibson and Glover from Lethal Impact?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
Who's going to be the first to post the video clip with the first meeting of Gibson and Glover from Lethal Impact?
Haha! That's the first thing I thought of.

Are cops really taught that when you see a man with a holstered weapon, go into hand-to-hand combat mode? That sounds like an unusual and dangerous way to react.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for help on the video, Ookoshi.

Also, I don't understand why the officer felt the need to take a loaded handgun out of its holster, and then sweep the guy with it. The firearm was more safe in the holster. The officer could have just asked the old guy to go outside with it and put it in his car. (Where it can be stolen, I might add)

If the guy was such a threat or danger, why did he just hand the cleared firearm back to him with all his ammo?

Also, a judge made some kind of a court order stating against the laws in MN, that a lowly permit holder cannot bring a gun in that building? Sounds like the judge is just making up the rules as he goes.

I also, like the threat of revoking the license holder's "permit." Still think we in Georgia should have licensed carry?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phantoms said:
EJR914 said:
Video of said encounter:
No one noticed the ghost encounter at approx. 5:15 of that vid? :shock: :mrgreen:
:lol: That's pretty funny. I didn't watch that far into the video. Spooky. :shock: :righton:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
I don't know about Lethal Impact, but here's when Gibson and Glover first met in the Lethal Weapon series of movies.
Impact... Weapon... just tells you how closely I follow the cinema :p

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
CoffeeMate said:
[quote="Fallschirmjäger":2hy4s6nm]Who's going to be the first to post the video clip with the first meeting of Gibson and Glover from Lethal Impact?
I don't know about Lethal Impact, but here's when Gibson and Glover first met in the Lethal Weapon series of movies.
Impact... Weapon... just tells you how closely I follow the cinema :p[/quote:2hy4s6nm]
:lol:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
RickN said:
Are cops really taught that when you see a man with a holstered weapon, go into hand-to-hand combat mode? That sounds like an unusual and dangerous way to react.
Yet another reason why retention holsters for OC are a good idea. Imagine the officer having to explain the attempt to retrieve the gun with no prior conversation, not being able to and pulling the poor man off balance in the process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the support, folks. It's appreciated more than you'll know.

This incident is only part of the story; if I can flog my own website -- which has more, but not all, of the story -- it's http://familymattersii.com . (If not: admin, please remove; I don't want to violate your rules, or protocols, as I'm a guest in your [virtual] house.)

·
69,149 Posts
joelr said:

This incident is only part of the story; if I can flog my own website -- which has more, but not all, of the story -- it's http://familymattersii.com . (If not: admin, please remove; I don't want to violate your rules, or protocols, as I'm a guest in your [virtual] house.)
:welcome:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
joelr said:

Heh. Crazy. The guardian books are pretty good. And the story that he's working on now sounds really interesting.

Good luck Joel and thanks for dropping in to our little home. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
joelr said:

I think you're quite welcome to come here and chat Joel. While your state's laws don't match with ours, some of the tactics and shared annoyance with heavy handed police who don't know the law makes for interesting discussions.

You also seem, rather polite, even when insulted or the like.

When are you coming to Dragon Con? I suspect a few of us could sit down and share a beer at such a time. You'd likely dovetail nicely with John Ringo's barfly crowd on the Hyatt Patio.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Montieth said:
joelr said:

I think you're quite welcome to come here and chat Joel. While your state's laws don't match with ours, some of the tactics and shared annoyance with heavy handed police who don't know the law makes for interesting discussions.

You also seem, rather polite, even when insulted or the like.

When are you coming to Dragon Con? I suspect a few of us could sit down and share a beer at such a time. You'd likely dovetail nicely with John Ringo's barfly crowd on the Hyatt Patio.
Good reply, Montieth. You're welcome, Joel. We're just trying to keep everyone honest here in Georgia as well.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,851 Posts
This story was talked about on Armed American Radio tonight. Joel Rosenberg, a book author, filed a criminal complaint against the officer that assaulted him.

When Joel went back to the police station to look again at the case against his wife (they've flip-flopped and re-filed the bogus charge against her), he was arrested for carrying in a courthouse and given $100,000 bail.

The only problem is, he didn't carry in a courthouse, and he gave advanced notice that he would be carrying.

The police and the courts are persecuting this man for no other reason than that he enjoys the exercise of his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.

I hope he sues and wins big.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts