Firearm Brand Poll

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GunNut, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Glock 19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sig P229

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. HK USP Compact

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Beretta 92fs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S&W M&P

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Ok...everyone here seems to have their preference to what brand is best...so, hypothetically, let assume the zombies are attacking, you can choose one handgun from the poll list. You don't have to pay for it, so cost isn't a factor. They are all 9mm, so ammo isn't a factor. Which one would you choose to protect yourself?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

G19...only because I have a G23 and I'm familiar with it. Familiarity is the deciding factor for me, in this case.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Why those particular models? I would probably go for the G19, assuming those have the biggest magazines (33 rounders).

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Those are just ones I thought of all the top of my head. It was more of a brand question than a model question.

5. fallison

fallison Guest

I voted for the Glock as it is the only brand I have seen 33 round magazines for and everyone knows when you are being attacked by hordes of undead, more rounds between reloads is always a good thing.

6. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

OMG, Butter's chose a G19???? I threw a curve ball and chose the 229. I can always manage to shoot better with a DA/SA Sig than a Glock. But my G34 with the 33 round mags is quite fun, sort a poor man's MP5.

7. budder

Of course. If we were limited to standard capacity mags, then the 92 would've gotten picked, even though it's gigantic and terrible.

8. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

:cry:
    i happen to like my 92 very much, it's the only full size 9mm i own, in 10yrs and 4-5000 rounds i've never had a failure with anything i've fed it. it's da only and i like that pretty well also in that gun. i'd feel confident it'd do the job when the zombies come. that said i'd love to have the 229 if anyone wants to trade :lol:

9. tace

tace New Member

I'll take any of the ones above M&P. The others have all been tested and proven over the years.

Oh, and doesn't M&P require some sort of a tool to break down? That's a no no in my book for a SHTF gun. When I looked inside one I could see all these little things sticking out, which would lead me to think those thin metal thingies can break when you least want it.

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

OK, the folks voting for Glock just because the 33 rounders have a valid point. However, since the question was more about brand I chose Sig. Glock would easily be my second choice.

11. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I wasn't thinking about the 33rd clips when I made the poll. I was thinking standard high capacity mags on all of them.

12. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

BTW - I have a 229 and will be picking up my new Glock 19 tomorrow (hopefully). Obviously, I like both.

13. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

You can use the tool or not, up to you. It breaks down as easily as a glock.

14. budder

You don't have my hands, though. I hate holding the 92. If we're assuming a Hollywood magazine, I pick the Sig, since I think my shooting will be the best with it.

15. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

If I had quite a few 33 round mags the G18 would be a really good choice. Although I am not sure how effective a 9mm would be against a zombie. I would think an incinderary round would be more effective. Perhaps a 12GA Dragons Breath.

16. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I chose SIG, seeing as all I own in handguns are SIG's :D

As far as Zombies go, all you're really trying to do is sever the body's link to the CNS. Pop the brain or cut it off from the rest of the body, Zombie threat neutralized. :lol:

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I voted for the Sig - because he didn't specify caliber and the Glock and Beretta are both 9mm's!!!

I'll take a 229 in .40 over any of the others any day hands down.

18. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I chose the Glock, You didn't have my first choice on the list.

19. budder

20. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Glock 19, it's one of my favorite handguns ever.