Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a box of Fiocchi .45 ammo off Midway recently and shot about 1/2 the box at Autrey's yesterday. It's 200gr loaded with XTP HP bullets. It makes my CW45 snap more than any other ammo I have, which is mostly 230gr HP or FMJ. Just thought I'd share that info. It was $30 + shipping for a box of HP.
I also shot my PM9 and man, those 9mm holes looked like bb's next to the .45 holes. If 9mm is the widely suggested minimum caliber for self-defense, then the .45 has got it beat by a loooong ways. :shock:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
I've noticed Fiocchi ammo is loaded on the "hot" side.
I have used it in 9mm, .32, and .380.

As to your last comment about the .45 being the better self-defense cartridge because it makes bigger holes, that's like saying an axe is a better self-defense weapon than a Tanto fighting knife, because it makes a bigger wound.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Putting capacity aside a quality .45acp load will outperform a quality 9mm luger load any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Jmark said:
Putting capacity aside a quality .45acp load will outperform a quality 9mm luger load any day of the week.
Probably so, but I'll bet this would still hurt . . .

This is my carry load - 9mm Winchester Ranger 127-grain +P+.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Teeter said:
Jmark said:

I carry my 124gr +P 9mm PDX Bonded, same bullet just without the extra + :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, either way OUCH, but if my aim is off I'd rather wing 'em with a .45 than with a 9mm. And THAT's why I was at Autrey's.....working on my aim.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've been looking for some 185 grain Fiocchi .45, I wonder if thay have some. I bought some in my local shop in Winterville a couple of months ago, but he hasn't been able to get any more of it. That stuff really shot good in my Taurus.

I will have to check them out when I get home from work later.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Jmark said:
Teeter said:
Jmark said:

I carry my 124gr +P 9mm PDX Bonded, same bullet just without the extra + :mrgreen:
I carry 19 rounds of the same PDX Bonded in my CZ.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going Postal said:
I've been looking for some 185 grain Fiocchi .45, I wonder if thay have some. I bought some in my local shop in Winterville a couple of months ago, but he hasn't been able to get any more of it. That stuff really shot good in my Taurus.

I will have to check them out when I get home from work later.
Check Midway. I think I saw that when I ordered that 200gr.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
word.....

I've been looking for some 185 grain Fiocchi .45.........
i am presently loading 185gr. jhp's in 45acp for my PT
i like the way they shoot

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I bought 100 rounds of 357sig XTP Fiocchi at the last Gun show here in town. It really is a quality round made in America. I wish I had bought more, but I carried only enough cash to buy what I went for because the checking account is getting kind of low these days. Next time I'm going with an extra $100 or 2. It seems you spend your whole life chasing the mighty dollar & then you die. Beer, guns & sex make it more bareable. (No charge for that pearl of wisdom)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts