Fiocchi ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by jreXD9, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

I bought a box of Fiocchi .45 ammo off Midway recently and shot about 1/2 the box at Autrey's yesterday. It's 200gr loaded with XTP HP bullets. It makes my CW45 snap more than any other ammo I have, which is mostly 230gr HP or FMJ. Just thought I'd share that info. It was $30 + shipping for a box of HP.
    I also shot my PM9 and man, those 9mm holes looked like bb's next to the .45 holes. If 9mm is the widely suggested minimum caliber for self-defense, then the .45 has got it beat by a loooong ways. :shock:

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I've noticed Fiocchi ammo is loaded on the "hot" side.
    I have used it in 9mm, .32, and .380.

As to your last comment about the .45 being the better self-defense cartridge because it makes bigger holes, that's like saying an axe is a better self-defense weapon than a Tanto fighting knife, because it makes a bigger wound.

3. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Putting capacity aside a quality .45acp load will outperform a quality 9mm luger load any day of the week.

4. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Probably so, but I'll bet this would still hurt . . .

[​IMG]

This is my carry load - 9mm Winchester Ranger 127-grain +P+.

5. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I carry my 124gr +P 9mm PDX Bonded, same bullet just without the extra + :mrgreen:

6. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

yes, either way OUCH, but if my aim is off I'd rather wing 'em with a .45 than with a 9mm. And THAT's why I was at Autrey's.....working on my aim.

7. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

I've been looking for some 185 grain Fiocchi .45, I wonder if thay have some. I bought some in my local shop in Winterville a couple of months ago, but he hasn't been able to get any more of it. That stuff really shot good in my Taurus.

I will have to check them out when I get home from work later.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I carry 19 rounds of the same PDX Bonded in my CZ.

9. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

Check Midway. I think I saw that when I ordered that 200gr.

10. MWAG

MWAG Active Member

word.....

i am presently loading 185gr. jhp's in 45acp for my PT
    i like the way they shoot

11. ET.

ET. Active Member

I bought 100 rounds of 357sig XTP Fiocchi at the last Gun show here in town. It really is a quality round made in America. I wish I had bought more, but I carried only enough cash to buy what I went for because the checking account is getting kind of low these days. Next time I'm going with an extra $100 or 2. It seems you spend your whole life chasing the mighty dollar & then you die. Beer, guns & sex make it more bareable. (No charge for that pearl of wisdom)