Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last time I renewed my CCW they had a very hard time getting good finger prints . Had to try several times and by 2 different people.
They gave up and used the best set and said they would send them in and hoped they would pass .

I was lucky and they were accepted but now 5 yrs. later I need to renew again and my fingers have had 5 more yrs. of wear on them and prints may not work at all .
If they don't what do I do ?

I talked to a friend that had the same problem but his were turned down on the first try and he had to go back and do it all over but he was lucky and they did work that time.

The problem is we are elderly and our finger prints are worn down . I even have problems turning pages or separating paper money.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
If your license isn't expired then they will not take fingerprints again.

Thanks GeorgiaCarry.Org/ :drink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If your license isn't expired then they will not take fingerprints again.

Thanks GeorgiaCarry.Org/ :drink:
Why did they do it the last time I renewed almost 5 yrs. ago ?
In fact , the print people asked me if it was a new or renewal . If you are right I will have no problem because it is several months before it expires.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Why did they do it the last time I renewed almost 5 yrs. ago ?
In fact , the print people asked me if it was a new or renewal . If you are right I will have no problem because it is several months before it expires.
This is a recent change to not require fingerprinting on renewal. Thank GCO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fyi...

Option 1. Rub hand lotion on your hands just before printing.

Option 2. Soak fingers in liquid fabric softener for 15 minutes to rehydrate prior to printing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They tried the lotion and it didn't help.
If I have to go again , I will take a jar of fabric stuff.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
Will they accept the electronically submitted prints? I sent in my prints like that for my FL paperwork. The operator was able to see the prints and adjust the camera/scan/view or whatever it was to get clear ones.

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
What about folks that don't have fingerprints? They can't get a new GWCL? Maybe toe prints instead?

·
Senior Mumbler
6,611 Posts
The requirement of getting fingerprinted again for a renewal was removed. This also saves money on the renewal process.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
I wonder what a first time applicant would do if his fingerprints are too faded to "take". Palm print?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.