Finger prints

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by ken grant, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ken grant

ken grant New Member

The last time I renewed my CCW they had a very hard time getting good finger prints . Had to try several times and by 2 different people.
    They gave up and used the best set and said they would send them in and hoped they would pass .

I was lucky and they were accepted but now 5 yrs. later I need to renew again and my fingers have had 5 more yrs. of wear on them and prints may not work at all .
    If they don't what do I do ?

I talked to a friend that had the same problem but his were turned down on the first try and he had to go back and do it all over but he was lucky and they did work that time.

The problem is we are elderly and our finger prints are worn down . I even have problems turning pages or separating paper money.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

If your license isn't expired then they will not take fingerprints again.

Thanks GeorgiaCarry.Org/ :drink:

3. ken grant

ken grant New Member

Why did they do it the last time I renewed almost 5 yrs. ago ?
    In fact , the print people asked me if it was a new or renewal . If you are right I will have no problem because it is several months before it expires.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. Feral

Feral Active Member

This is a recent change to not require fingerprinting on renewal. Thank GCO

5. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

Fyi...

Option 1. Rub hand lotion on your hands just before printing.

Option 2. Soak fingers in liquid fabric softener for 15 minutes to rehydrate prior to printing.

6. ken grant

ken grant New Member

They tried the lotion and it didn't help.
    If I have to go again , I will take a jar of fabric stuff.

7. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

You can also rub your fingers in used motor oil and then wipe them off... This could increase contrast.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Will they accept the electronically submitted prints? I sent in my prints like that for my FL paperwork. The operator was able to see the prints and adjust the camera/scan/view or whatever it was to get clear ones.

Nemo

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

What about folks that don't have fingerprints? They can't get a new GWCL? Maybe toe prints instead?

10. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

The requirement of getting fingerprinted again for a renewal was removed. This also saves money on the renewal process.

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I wonder what a first time applicant would do if his fingerprints are too faded to "take". Palm print?