Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way for a private citizen to track down stolen weapons? I had several rifles and a shotgun stolen 10-12 years ago in Clarksville TN, filed a police report never heard anything and have since finally forgot about them. Is there a way I could contact the GBI, ATF or whoever (whom?)? They may not have been recovered in that local area if at all.

Before anyone says 10 years good luck, I do realize if they had been found any length of time back they most likely have been destroyed or sold depending on the location of recovery and year. Just wondering, may help someone else that has also been a victim more recently.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MP, GS,

Thanks for the info, I had forgot (??) long ago and did not ever really think I could get them back. I just started thinking I would like to find out if they had ever been recovered even if I do not get them.

I do not have the police report but I do still have my registration from a prior military assignment with at least two of the SN. I might try the local sheriff office just for the heck of it to see if anything has ever happened with them.

I thought it would also be nice for others if they have had someting like this in the more recent past to help them.

Again Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.