Finding a Gun

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by gunsmoker, Jan 23, 2011.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

So today's Forsyth News (Cumming, GA) reports that on January 14 a woman reported finding a gun on the sidewalk as she walked her dog. This was in the Olde Towne Bethelview subdivision (nice place, not a slum or ghetto). The gun was a .25 caliber Beretta.

Why don't I ever get to find guns when I go for a walk????? (even though I don't need a .25 mousegun when my KelTec P32 is smaller, lighter, and more powerful).

2. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Be my luck it was stolen and I'd get caught and charged with it.

On a side note: you find a gun, do you keep it (might be stolen)or turn it in because it might have been used in a crime (and this evidence could break the case). Guess I'd have to call and turn it in (unless it was a really really nice one.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's just a couple miles up Bethelview from me.

4. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I'd sure hate to find out that the gun was used in a crime, law enforcement has a few slugs in a bag, and they're just waiting to match them to the weapon. I think I'd turn it in, let it be fired for forensic matches, and have the numbers run. If it's clean, I would think it might be given back to you. I don't think I'd put a "lost and found" ad in the paper, unless it was a high dollar piece.

5. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Did you drop your Bereta???

6. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

:lol:

Az

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Get away from the gun IMMEDIATELY and go tell an adult!

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

9. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

Some friends and I found a loaded Taurus .38 snubbie while hiking a couple of years ago. It was in an Uncle Mike's type soft holster and seemed to not have been there longer than a day or two.
    It was on national forest land and we turned it into a State Park office located nearby as instructed by the national forest office. They indicated that they would turn it over to the local SO.

The trail is often used to ride horses as well as by hikers and mountainbikers and it probably just fell out of someone's pocket or bag.

10. madamimadam

madamimadam New Member

the only time ive ever found a gun it was a flare gun. :(

11. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Seriously though... Keep people away from it, call the police and have someone with a forensics kit gather it up.