Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after 2 and 1/2 years of carrying I have grown tired of stretching out my regular belts and dealing with a EDC that just wont sit right. Decided to try out a 5 stitch frequent flyer based off of what I have read on here from people who have it. I figured for $42 (it was on sale) I couldn't really go wrong. Just wanted to say thanks to those who have given an opinion on them in the past, and I will be sure to let everyone know what I think of it after wearing it for a few weeks.

Random side note, Those who have ordered, how long did it take from order being placed to it showing up at your house? The shipping quote from their website didnt really give a time line.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,026 Posts
ive got the exact same belt, you wont be disapointed. i think it took a 3-5 days last i remember?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I have the same model. Works great, especially for the price. I think it took 2-4 days of processing time before it shipped, and I got 2nd day air so I had mine in less than a week after ordering.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I have a Wilderness 5 Stitch Instr - you'll like your new belt.

NOTHING beats a good quality leather gun belt. Start saving your pennies and give Al at ABC a call.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GooberTim said:

NOTHING beats a good quality leather gun belt. Start saving your pennies and give Al at ABC a call.
Yeah. I'm gonna get a good leather belt one day. But im in the middle of attempting to lose a rather large amount of weight. Didn't want to get a very expensive belt now, only to have it be pretty much useless in 6 months.

·
Proprietor LoneOakTerrace
4,705 Posts
Tubbith said:
Yeah. I'm gonna get a good leather belt one day. But im in the middle of attempting to lose a rather large amount of weight. Didn't want to get a very expensive belt now, only to have it be pretty much useless in 6 months.
I would bet you a dollar to a dime that if you got a belt from Al with A&G Custom Gun Leather if you lost a bunch of weight he would be more than happy to cut it down to fit your new slim torso. His customer service is just that good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
GooberTim said:

I own a couple of these. Best gun belt for the money. You'll love the FF

·
Registered
394 Posts
After reading about Al over at A&G Gunleather, I called and visited. I left with the Tan belt (which was made up to size in a few hours notice AND the Black one that Al called "blemished" for half price. Danged if I can see a flaw though!

A REAL gun belt makes carrying even the 36 OZ of Ruger revolver+ holster a pleasure!

Fabricator

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoneOak said:
Tubbith said:
I would bet you a dollar to a dime that if you got a belt from Al with A&G Custom Gun Leather if you lost a bunch of weight he would be more than happy to cut it down to fit your new slim torso. His customer service is just that good!
That still leaves me with paying for a good leather belt. I really didnt want to spend the $40 I did on my FF. But I needed something better than what I had. Now that I have had a chance to use it for a few days, I think I like it. I can definitely tell the difference wearing it. One day I will get a good leather gun belt, until then, the FF will do the job.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not to beat the proverbial "deceased equine", but A&G's regular belts are in the under $70 range, but as I mentioned, he has a bunch of "blemished" stuff he sells for $30 something... Impossible to beat. Visit their site and the call with your size. As mentioned, he'll shorten them for you later.

Fabricator

·
Romans 10:13
4,672 Posts
I have the Wilderness and the frequent flyer as well. Great belts. You should have it in less than a week.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
does the FF have any metal in it? I need a good belt that i don't have to take off when going into courthouses and police stations and such that have metal detectors.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Suprman said:
does the FF have any metal in it? I need a good belt that i don't have to take off when going into courthouses and police stations and such that have metal detectors.
It was developed for those very reasons. It has no metal. Hence the name..........Frequent Flyer.

You should never have to take it off going through a metal detector.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts