Finally have something to ride again :)

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rmodel65, Sep 19, 2010.

1. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

so i picked up a new bike tonight 4k miles only 6300$

i averaged 42MPG on the way home

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Looks like you need to scrub off the chicken strips

Nice looking bike

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nice bike!

What are chicken strips?

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Seriously... you can SEE those?? :shock: :shock:

5. three se7ens

three se7ens New Member

You couldnt?!

6. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Nice ride!

Make sure you have a light on that plate. They're cracking down on that lately.

Az

7. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Meh, nice bike...not ripping you, but busa's are frign HUGE! The track is where its at, get in some trackdays and you will never ever ride the street again...I promise :righton: But nice bike

8. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

im huge....im 6ft 350 :shattered: i was gonna go for a cruiser but ive been wanting a busa for a while....i tried to buy a new 08 Bking leftover but the dealer wouldnt come off the 10k OTD so...i got a busa for less

9. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

same question here what are chicken strips?

i assume you're talking about the flat spot in the middle of the tires??

10. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Also known as Sissy Strips, they are the unworn part at the edge of the tire. The idea being that wimps don't corner fast enough to lean the bike all the way to the edge of the tire...

11. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

That, children, is why they call them donorcycles.

12. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

That, children, is why they call them donorcycles.[/quote:1tu2tgr2]

Meh, not necessarily. Its not too hard to use up all that tire and still be riding relatively safely. As robfromga said, on the track its that much easier. :)

Congrats on the new wheels too, enjoy it! Don't earn yourself too many driving "awards" on it! :)

13. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Thread jack :screwy:

On my last trackday I went out in the second to last session in the beginner group to get some follow video of my wife, she rides the piss out of a sv650. Any way, there was a guy on a busa in that class :screwy: and coming out of T5 at Road Atlanta he spun up the rear, chopped the throttle and launched into the most beautiful highside! Ive got the video some place. I asked her how he was riding earlier and she said she passed him twice in the same session :mrgreen:

Thread jack off :cantsay:

14. mrtopher1980

mrtopher1980 New Member

Love the bike, I'm not as big as you but 6'1 and they are one of the most comfortable bikes to me. The high and forward position on most modern sport bikes is really uncomfortable and I like the low in the bike feel of the busa. First bike (still have it) was a 97 FZR 600 which has a low in the bike position which is why I think I prefer it. Been on my list to own for years after I saw one with some bags on the back, one day..

Saw a guy with a newer 07 or so gsxr750 in traffic a few weeks back on 85 he was next to me for about 20 minutes, his chicken strip was so bad he probably fell over trying to turn it, the tire was literally a square. To make traffic more fun he was also blipping the throttle and reving it that entire 20 minutes like it was going to stall if he didn't... poorly tuned carb'd bike ok maybe an excuse but this was FI...

Enjoy it!

15. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

There's nothing I hate more than throttle-blippers. It annoys the crap out of me, whether sportbike or cruiser. If you're sitting still, and it needs that to stay running--FIX IT. If it doesn't need it, cut it the hell out. Grrr... :evil:

16. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

I wanna see :mrgreen:

17. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Nice wheels. That is one of the few things on my list of toys that would get me in more trouble than it'd ever be worth. :shattered: