Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what they people are charging? I'm want to buy a certain gun that only one place has, and being the American I am I want to find an affordable transfer fee. I just find it a little hard to pay 25-35$ for just a transfer.

According to Gunbroker, Mission Essentials charges 35 bucks; screw that.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Re: FFL transfer fee's around Savannah

Thin Blue Line in Garden City is $25.00
According to Bud's Guns Pedro Ortiz will also do a $20.00 transfer

Those are the cheapest 2 I've found. The guys at TBL are easy to work with, but you might want to check when they're open as they seem to keep odd hours.

You might contact Dean Forest Guns, I believe when I checked before they were like $10 or $15, but I think that was at least a couple yrs ago.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

dcannon1 said:
You might contact Dean Forest Guns, I believe when I checked before they were like $10 or $15, but I think that was at least a couple yrs ago.
Check Dean Forest, a couple years back with GFL..... they knocked off $5 and great to talk with, even gave a tshirt (free ads, great for yard work). :2cents:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts

S&W 40 said:
dcannon1 said:
Check Dean Forest, a couple years back with GFL..... they knocked off $5 and great to talk with, even gave a tshirt (free ads, great for yard work). :2cents:
I'll verify they still knock $5 off the price of any gun if you have a GFL (saves them some time)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly, dean forest does knock of 5 bucks for a GFL/GWL. However they will not get my business unless they have great improved their customer service.

Does anyone know Patricks fees? They are the closest too me and if they are reasonable I'll give them my business; I seem to recall them posting it at one point an time. I'll try and dig up the thread.

EDIT: I couldn't find that thread but if my memory is correct it was $20, but I'm not 100%.

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
mathar1 said:
On a side note we at Patricks do FFL transfers for a straight $25 with a GFL ($35 without) fee if it is something I cannot get and $40 with GFL (or $50 without) if it is something I can. People complain about the GFL vs no GFL but background checks cost us money...so get a GFL and save money. Our range members get theirs for $15 with GFL and $20 without.
from a thread I started earlier on the same subject.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Dinnertime said:
If I remember correctly, dean forest does knock of 5 bucks for a GFL/GWL. However they will not get my business unless they have great improved their customer service.
With regards to Dean Forest Guns, I'm a friend of Jim Cook who is the owner. A while ago (maybe a little over a year) Jim bought out his partner. The partner was the source of most of the complaints by customers. He is not there anymore. Dean Forest is a great place to shop for guns, ammo and accessories. IMO they have the best selection in town, and now that Jim is the only owner..............morale has greatly improved. He has some very nice and knowledgeable guys working for him. I have bought several guns from Jim over the last 4 years, and they were all pleasurable experiences. Dean Forest Guns is not the same store it was a year and a half ago. Prices are good and customer service is much improved. Darken their door again, and I think you will agree with me.

edit for spelling :shattered:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Dinnertime said:

Does anyone know Patricks fees? They are the closest too me and if they are reasonable I'll give them my business; I seem to recall them posting it at one point an time. I'll try and dig up the thread.

EDIT: I couldn't find that thread but if my memory is correct it was $20, but I'm not 100%.
With a GFL and GPDO or GCO membership it is $20. I forgot to put that up on the other thread because of so much stuff going on now. Also GPDO and GCO members get a 10% off accessories and "selective" pricing on guns. The ATF has forbidden percentage discounting of guns and our suppliers have MAP standards so I say it is "selective" pricing instead. :wink:

·
Registered
880 Posts
tmoore912 said:
Dinnertime said:
With regards to Dean Forest Guns, I'm a friend of Jim Cook who is the owner. A while ago (maybe a little over a year) Jim bought out his partner. The partner was the source of most of the complaints by customers. He is not there anymore. Dean Forest is a great place to shop for guns, ammo and accessories. IMO they have the best selection in town, and now that Jim is the only owner..............morale has greatly improved. He has some very nice and knowledgeable guys working for him. I have bought several guns from Jim over the last 4 years, and they were all pleasurable experiences. Dean Forest Guns is not the same store it was a year and a half ago. Prices are good and customer service is much improved. Darken their door again, and I think you will agree with me.

edit for spelling :shattered:
This is correct. Ever since Jim has bought out the curmudgeon that was stinking the place up things have improved dramatically. He'll also sell you suppressors and other goodies.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just left mission essentials, they wanted to charge me 50 bucks!

It used to be 15 before they moved and got new owners...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Dinnertime said:

Yeah ME used to have the best prices around, now that they're doing so well in the new location it seems like the prices are creeping back up.

I've made my last 2 shop purchases from Dean Forest. I also agree that the CS has improved there.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Dang! I knew we HAD a snotty reputation from the original range master but give us a chance. Everyone keeps saying either ME or Dean Forest...HELLLOOOOO!!! Things have changed tremendously at Patricks. My EBR selection is going away because we are more of a pistol/tactical shotgun/accessory store with a range. I am waiting for the first shipments to come in on my show selection of about 400 pistols. I got some of everything coming in damn near every flavor. New wheel guns, pocket guns, bunches of full size staples and a few exotics. I got my CZ75B RUSSIAN military in yesterday. (somebody said CZ so why not make it an exotic while I am at it) :wink:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went by Patricks today and the staff was friendly, even the guy with the foreign accent doing embroidery. I forgot how CLEAN the place is, everything is so shiny!

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Dinnertime said:

$50 on a FFL transfer? Do they at least give you some vaseline?

BTW, do they still have the no firearms allowed signs up?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
phantoms said:
Dinnertime said:

$50 on a FFL transfer? Do they at least give you some vaseline?

BTW, do they still have the no firearms allowed signs up?
Yeah. They used to say something like No Firearms allowed except for on duty LEO.

Now they say, in caps I believe, NO LOADED FIREARMS ALLOWED IN STORE, NO EXCEPTIONS.

I think I might start spending my money elsewhere. Although, I don't think it would matter to them. Swung by there yesterday and there was pretty much a line to look at guns. At least 30 people in there.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Bought 4 guns from them last year, but will never step foot back in that store as long as those signs are up.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Carry all you want in Patrick's. The No Loaded Weapons sign is for people using the range who have never shot at an indoor range and have no clue. Concealed or open just leave it in the holster. Our insurance company demanded the SIGN...not the policy. You want to try something..or show something off then take it into the clearing room and come out unloaded. :righton:

·
Registered
157 Posts
What are the going rates around savannah now? I am looking to get my first Mosin-Nagant and need somewhere to ship it to. Any info would be great.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but better than starting a new one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts