Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Fewest Americans in 20 yrs favor making it illegal to possess semi-auto rifles

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  68908 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I am not really surprised. Outside of some very liberal enclaves firearm ownership is the standard not the exception. Even in the States with existing "assault weapon" bans there is a reason folks are making money on workarounds like bullet buttons. The AWB during the first Clinton administration was never supposed to actually expire since then the AR has replaced the bolt and lever gun as the standard hunting rifle for folks under 40.

#4 ·
I am surprised it is only half of Democrats. No wonder Hillary Clinton lied about this issue and her stance in the last debate.
How many people ever go look at the actual poll and its specifics? Politicians (and others) keep repeating what they want to get you to believe, even if it's false, knowing how lazy most people are. Hitler was a huge proponent of propagating the big lie.

#5 ·
I am not really surprised. Outside of some very liberal enclaves firearm ownership is the standard not the exception. Even in the States with existing "assault weapon" bans there is a reason folks are making money on workarounds like bullet buttons. The AWB during the first Clinton administration was never supposed to actually expire since then the AR has replaced the bolt and lever gun as the standard hunting rifle for folks under 40.
that's one thing the media is good at, distorting. i will freely admit i have no good read of the current climate regarding guns. around here, i don't know anyone that's opposed to them, but i put that off as being a local southern thing.

the same goes with anything else. every time i hear that SJW's are taking over, i review responses to the issues from individuals, and they seem resoundingly against SJWs.

i don't even trust that poll, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that most americans still love guns, even though there's the perception that that's changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.