Few questions about next choice and RRA vs. Bushmaster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wsweeks2, Jul 7, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

So I have my next choice narrowed down to the following:

[​IMG]
    Remington 870P Max

OR

[​IMG]

(I wish I had the money to buy this one as it appears)
    an AR 15 either from Rock River Arms or Bushmaster.

Any thoughts between the RRA vs the Bushmaster, as well as thoughs on accessories. I want the 6 position stock on the AR and an A4 top so I can eventually put an EOTech or some sort on there as well. I'd also like to eventually put a Surefire on a rail system as well.

I've always been a handgun person and never really known much about rifles so keep in mind I'll be asking many dumb questions.

Thanks in advance!

2. M249

M249 New Member

No contest--RRA. I tried both out, and personally felt the RRA is the best AR for the money. YMMV.

I have the 6-position stock from RRA, and it's pretty solid. I also have the flattop upper, and recommend it over the standard A2 style.

There's a thread in here where Ramm and I were mentioning some BUIS for the ARs. I think he recommended the Troy BUIS, and I recommended the LMT.

The Troy is a flip-up rear sight, and the LMT is static. They're both good quality, and it boils down to personal preference.

(BUIS - Back Up Iron Sight)

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

That shotty is one sexy little beast.

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

That's a tough choice. I'm a big fan of the 870, especially if you have a full ammo compliment and know how to combat load and do ammo exchanges. There's a lot to be said for a good carbine though.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wsweeks2, let's go to the range some time soon....I'll let you shoot my AR and you'll have no doubt in your mind what you're gonna get next. Just ask LarryG.... :D

My vote is for the AR. Rock River Arms is quality, but make sure to look at Stag Arms as well. If you want to save ~$200, then buy the upper and lower separately.

I just got my paycheck...so that Troy BUIS should be in the mail in the next few days. :D

6. kaizer

kaizer New Member

I have shot both, I think highly of both brands of AR, but if it were my dime I would go with the RRA. Very nice weapon.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:-k If true, that is just enough to pay the tax stamp to get a shorty upper.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Very good point MP. Where can I find a shorty upper?

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/ind ... p=1&cat=43

I'm getting the 11.5 govt profile upper.