Female who became infantry Marine being seperated from the Marines

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by StarJack, Sep 14, 2018.

1. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

2. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

she is being kicked out for not being able to control her hormones. I wouldn't consider that indicative of anything beyond her personality.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

FTFY

Nemo

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

This. But at least she married the guy (or girl :mrgreen: ). There doesn't seem to be any indication she was otherwise unqualified to kill people and destroy things.

I'm waiting to see how the DoD will handle this same situation when some fucked up transgender soldier starts playing googoo eyes with his/her foxhole buddy. Will political correctness rear its ugly head or will "it" be allowed to stay in the service?

5. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

I guess it would depend on whether or not the object of said transgendered soldier's affection was the same rank or not....

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If we're going to have women and homosexuals in the military, and if same-sex relationships are legal and so is same-sex marriage, then the military needs to get a realistic plan for how to handle it when coworkers in uniform fall in love with each other.

Saying "no dating at the workplace" doesn't seem reasonable or workable. Too many people (reasonable people. Moral, good people) will violate that rule.
    Do private businesses have such a rule? Is it a real rule that is actually widely observed , or is it one of these B.S. made- up rules from the EEOC that nobody cares about because those bureaucrats have their heads up their rectums?

A gneration ago, when the military was made up of all straight males, (or at least people who had to give every appearance of being a straight male both in public and private), this "dating a fellow you serve with" was not an issue. It will increasingly become an issue.

7. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Alot of companies have no dating between managers and subordinates. Sometimes this is only for direct reports other times more broad. So yep it applies in private sector too

8. fitzdawg79

fitzdawg79 Member

My last employer did not allow family members to work in the company. Weirdly, you could date as long as you didn't get married.

9. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The DoD and USMC did not say no fraternization at all, if you actually read the material and the Regs it is no fraternization with those inferior in rank or under your authority. She committed a violation of the UCMJ by having an intimate relation with a subordinate in her Chain of Command. The only question is will she be separated with an Honorable or a less than honorable discharge.

10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Used to be we all understood that no matter what or where, men and women will get together. Now, no telling who all is getting together.

I worked for years with a tiny little lady Marine. Don't know how she got in, being so physically small. But very tough she was.

11. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

There isn't a single Commissioned or Non-Commissioned Officer in any branch or job field that doesn't know that it's a violation of the UCMJ to have an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate.